DJI Go app on iPad mini 3

Reaction score
Hi guys

I’ve been having an issue with the DJI go 4 app on my iPad mini 3

I’ve disabled caching, cleared cache, shut down running services and apps etc but I get the cpu overload message and then 60% of the stream is black or looks like a slide show!

I was convinced the little iPad wasn’t up to running it BUT....

Yesterday I flew with the DJI Ground Control app and the video was beautiful! Really smooth and good response, no lag, no messages etc

Now I’d just use the GC app all the time but it doesn’t have the same features as they Go app so unless there’s a way to make it that looks like the best option

But what gives?? DJI Go app is hopeless but the other works?

Cheers
Kev

Hi Kev, Unfortunately the iPad Mini 3 is notorious for having performance issues, it's right on the cusp of being able to run it hardware-wise. Many other 3rd party apps aren't as hardware intensive like Litchi. Litchi may be a good alternative until you can upgrade your hardware as it offers much of the same camera controls that the Go app offers without as much overhead.

Reactions: Mobidoc
Hi Kev, Unfortunately the iPad Mini 3 is notorious for having performance issues, it's right on the cusp of being able to run it hardware-wise. Many other 3rd party apps aren't as hardware intensive like Litchi. Litchi may be a good alternative until you can upgrade your hardware as it offers much of the same camera controls that the Go app offers without as much overhead.

Hi Ryan

Just as I expected! The old girl hasn’t got it in her [emoji23]

Luckily I’ve been buttering up the good lady and told her this for a while so looks like I need to be getting a new one

Thank you matey :) cheers for taking time to reply!

Any recommendations? I’m open to looking at android tablets but if the newer iPads do a better job?

Cheers
Kev

I use the CrystalSky and iPad, both are excellent choices.

Hi

Just thought I’d update you and finish this thread - I bought an iPad 9.7 2018 in Sunday and took it out today for a test flight - wow!! What a difference!

Not only was the glitching troubles gone but the downstream from the drone was flawless! No greening, no dropped frames - nothing! It was an absolute dream!

Also I managed to get YouTube live streaming working and the end result for that was also bloody good, albeit a very compressed 720p

So @ryantrax - thank you my friend - you were spot on as I suspected that iPad 3 mini is not suitable for the task and I’ve retired the old girl to the other half to watch her soaps on!

Cheers!
Kev

Reactions: Loz
Hi

Just thought I’d update you and finish this thread - I bought an iPad 9.7 2018 in Sunday and took it out today for a test flight - wow!! What a difference!

Not only was the glitching troubles gone but the downstream from the drone was flawless! No greening, no dropped frames - nothing! It was an absolute dream!

Also I managed to get YouTube live streaming working and the end result for that was also bloody good, albeit a very compressed 720p

So @ryantrax - thank you my friend - you were spot on as I suspected that iPad 3 mini is not suitable for the task and I’ve retired the old girl to the other half to watch her soaps on!

Cheers!
Kev
Congrats! Glad you're up and running! Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: Mobidoc
An iPad? Our family ipad is about 1/2” too tall to fit in the remote. Is there a larger remote holder that can replace the one on my phantom 4 remote?

Hi Ty

The iPad JUST fits in fully extended so you shouldn’t really need a bigger mount.

You will, however, struggle to get it to fit with a case of any sort on.

IMG_1526026794.995885.jpg

Hi Ty

The iPad JUST fits in fully extended so you shouldn’t really need a bigger mount.

You will, however, struggle to get it to fit with a case of any sort on.

View attachment 98697

Ok so yours fits, now I’m confused as to what iPad I may have. Any chance you can measure outside edges to outside edge for me? I’m sure that will help me out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.