dji go 4

Reaction score
Tried to download DJI GO 4 app onto my ipad mini today. (Wouldnt let me use the original DJI GO app).
It will not download onto the device, so I am left with an expensive ornament. To say I was displeased is an understatement. Why are DJI allowed to do things like this?

Tried to download DJI GO 4 app onto my ipad mini today. (Wouldnt let me use the original DJI GO app).
It will not download onto the device, so I am left with an expensive ornament. To say I was displeased is an understatement. Why are DJI allowed to do things like this?
If you look at the specs for the Phantoms that use the Go 4 app, you'll see that they are good for these devices:
Recommended Devices
iOS:iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular.​
Your iPad mini is not included in that list as it doesn't have the processing power needed to run the app properly.
If it did load you would have been even more disappointed that it wouldn't run properly.
That's why it wouldn't load.

If you look at the specs for the Phantoms that use the Go 4 app, you'll see that they are good for these devices:
Recommended Devices
iOS:iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular.​
Your iPad mini is not included in that list as it doesn't have the processing power needed to run the app properly.
If it did load you would have been even more disappointed that it wouldn't run properly.
That's why it wouldn't load.

you stated that the ipad mini is not included in the list , but yet you posted above showing it in the list of recommended devices? ...i'm able to use the DJI GO 4 app in my ipad mini2 to fly my P4 and flies just like the old DJI GO app

you stated that the ipad mini is not included in the list , but yet you posted above showing it in the list of recommended devices? ...i'm able to use the DJI GO 4 app in my ipad mini2 to fly my P4 and flies just like the old DJI GO app
I can see an iPad mini 2, a 3 and a 4 but there is no original iPad mini in the list.

Quickly! Get Litchi and quit trying to get DJIGO to work without crashing! Litchi is superior to DJIGO in my opinion and also most everyone Elsie who has tried it. It's $23 but small price considering the $1,000 or so for the drone.
Give it a try and let us know your opinion.
Jim
WA5TEF

In Litchi, do you have to always pull the sd card to view the video's?

Well I have finally got it downloaded, but I am wary about using it, after reading so many bad and scary reviews. Has any one used it with no problems and how many people use Litchi?

Not sure about pulling the card to view. Ideology. I think I have seen them play on the monitor but not sure. I know they play better after downloaded to computer.
Jim
WA5TEF

Well I think I can finish my part in this thread. Downloaded the app, got the ipad mini 3 up to date and charged.
Went out this evening to a meadow surrounded by trees (quite a large field) and test flew the drone on the go 4 app. Calm evening in the shelter of the trees surrounding.
Compared to the go app, very unstable, difficult to fly and for some reason very noisy.
Not good at all DJI. Think you need to fix this pronto.
Thanks to all who responded.

Downloaded the app, got the ipad mini 3 up to date and charged.
Compared to the go app, very unstable, difficult to fly and for some reason very noisy.
Since you migrated to Go4, Are you flying with the latest firmware in the craft and RC? If yes, did you recalibrate the IMU and Compass?

What do you mean by "very noisy"? Do you mean the Phantom seems to have a louder prop buzz noise? Are you running stock props?

Last edited:
Well I have finally got it downloaded, but I am wary about using it, after reading so many bad and scary reviews. Has any one used it with no problems and how many people use Litchi?
LITCH is wonderful The best

Since you migrated to Go4, Are you flying with the latest firmware in the craft and RC? If yes, did you recalibrate the IMU and Compass?

What do you mean by "very noisy"? Do you mean the Phantom seems to have a louder prop buzz noise? Are you running stock props?
Yes the latest firmware is in both aircraft and R/c. IMU now recalibrated and when tried to calibrate compass got a message telling me I was near a strong magnetic field. In the middle of a field. However.
Yes it is a much louder prop buzz and they are stock props.

Yes the latest firmware is in both aircraft and R/c. IMU now recalibrated and when tried to calibrate compass got a message telling me I was near a strong magnetic field. In the middle of a field. However.
Yes it is a much louder prop buzz and they are stock props.

Just because you're in an open field doesn't mean you're in a clean magnetic area. On rare occasions there are things underground that cause magnetic anomalies, especially in volcanic areas. Just move to another open field and try again.

As for the louder prop noise, that's shouldn't occur if comparing at similar elevations. However, if you're at a high elevations, such as 12,000', the props will spin faster due to the thinner air, and this may result in slightly louder prop buzz than flying at near sea level. I noticed this in Colorado when I was flying at 12,000', but discounted the notion, thinking it was my imagination. It seemed louder, but thought it was only because it was so quiet on top of the mountain I was flying from. Later on other flights I realized it could be true that it was louder, due to the thin air at high elevations, and the props having to spin faster to stay airborne.

Just because you're in an open field doesn't mean you're in a clean magnetic area. On rare occasions there are things underground that cause magnetic anomalies, especially in volcanic areas. Just move to another open field and try again.

As for the louder prop noise, that's shouldn't occur if comparing at similar elevations. However, if you're at a high elevations, such as 12,000', the props will spin faster due to the thinner air, and this may result in slightly louder prop buzz than flying at near sea level. I noticed this in Colorado when I was flying at 12,000', but discounted the notion, thinking it was my imagination. It seemed louder, but thought it was only because it was so quiet on top of the mountain I was flying from. Later on other flights I realized it could be true that it was louder, due to the thin air at high elevations, and the props having to spin faster to stay airborne.

Thanks for your input John. I have flown and calibrated in this field several times. The magnetic anomaly is a new thing. The field is almost at sea level, maybe 30ft above at most.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna