DJI GO 4 won't recognize controller

Reaction score
P4p+ I accidentally did a firmware update on the controller. I have 2 P4P+. I thought it was the one I wanted to update. The craft firmware is still original day one when bought. Trying to connect the controller to my Samsung Plus and all it says on the controller screen is "unfortunately gallery has stopped working" and sometimes the gallery app on the controller keeps scanning my phone. I tried DJI Assistant but it's still blocked by Windows10 since many months ago. Too many problems with DJI. Wow wow

It's likely an inconsistency in the firmware. If you update the controller, but not the drone then it's not speaking the same language between the two. Unfortunately, you need to update the bird. Good luck.

Phantom updates suck. I downloaded and did exactly what I was supposed to do per directions and then put the SD card into the Phantom and let it update. The Phantom made all sorts of noises as if it was updated and when it was completed I did not have any connection anymore. I will not update my Phantom with any new firmware anymore otherwise it goes the DJI to do it unless anyone has a foolproof method how's going online to the Phantom site downloading the executables and zip files and putting them on a SD card what do you do next after that to make it successful

Reactions: Frylikeabird
Phantom updates suck. I downloaded and did exactly what I was supposed to do per directions and then put the SD card into the Phantom and let it update. The Phantom made all sorts of noises as if it was updated and when it was completed I did not have any connection anymore. I will not update my Phantom with any new firmware anymore otherwise it goes the DJI to do it unless anyone has a foolproof method how's going online to the Phantom site downloading the executables and zip files and putting them on a SD card what do you do next after that to make it successful
How do I downgrade?

It's likely an inconsistency in the firmware. If you update the controller, but not the drone then it's not speaking the same language between the two. Unfortunately, you need to update the bird. Good luck.
Anyway to know what firmware # came with the controller? Really need to downgrade the controller. Dji go on android won't see the RC.

Ok here is the whole firmware pic
20190313_082618.jpg

I also have 2 p4p+ 300e RC. Updated one this am (latest version) but it took 2 tries to get the complete update. Now all good and working. Hope I don't have to downdate later. Time will tell.

I also have 2 p4p+ 300e RC. Updated one this am (latest version) but it took 2 tries to get the complete update. Now all good and working. Hope I don't have to downdate later. Time will tell.
I forgot to mention that the remote keeps beeping but then stops after like 1 minute or sometimes 3min. Both your Ac and Rc on latest firmwares? Mine is just the controller on latest.

I only updated the one RC. Connects to P4/Adv/P4P+ fine now. None have been updated for quite a while. Trying not to. What color on RC when beeping? Blue? like linking. Assume you rebooted Rc? (no need to be linked to Ac). If no luck grab a USB to PC and download a newer firmware from Dji. Capt KO PS: before updating, a couple of times I had to reboot the one 300E remote.

I only updated the one RC. Connects to P4/Adv/P4P+ fine now. None have been updated for quite a while. Trying not to. What color on RC when beeping? Blue? like linking. Assume you rebooted Rc? (no need to be linked to Ac). If no luck grab a USB to PC and download a newer firmware from Dji. Capt KO PS: before updating, a couple of times I had to reboot the one 300E remote.
Hi it is the latest firmware controller gl300e. The AC is at orginal firmware when bought. What's funny is that it's working when flying the only annoying thing are beeping and geo yellow circles on the map. I'm debating if should just update the AC too to the latest firmware. What u think? :)

I tried DJI Assistant but it's still blocked by Windows10 since many months ago.

To workaround this digital certificate issue you can run it from CMD line in admin mode: in black window, Change Directory where DJI Assistant program is (cmd CD), then invoke .EXE in that directory.

Last edited:
Hi it is the latest firmware controller gl300e. The AC is at orginal firmware when bought. What's funny is that it's working when flying the only annoying thing are beeping and geo yellow circles on the map. I'm debating if should just update the AC too to the latest firmware. What u think? :)
Does the beeping stop when your in sport mode and the sensors are turned off ? just wondering if they're seeing something that's not there causing all that beeping. Might be worth updating the AC just to try it. Can always change it again. It is a pain to call DJI support but they have been very helpful for me it's worth a try. Wish I was more helpful keep us posted if you find a solution

To workaround this digital certificate issue you can run it from CMD line in admin mode: in black window, Change Directory where DJI Assistant program is (cmd CD), then invoke .EXE in that directory.
Hi can you please show me step by step?

Corresponding to each picture:
- Mouse right-click on DJI Assistant icon
- click on Properties (last line)
- copy the first line to capture the path where the program is : ctrl+c
- close this Properties Window
- mouse right click on taskbar Start button Windows icon - or press Windows+X keys
- choose Command Prompt (Admin)
- you get new black window
- type CD and path as shown in picture: ctrl+v to paste path within “ “ (See picture)
- as response, path is now shown in next line: you are in DJI Assistant directory
- type DJI Assistant 2.exe within “ “ and press Enter (name must be within ““) see picture
- after few seconds the DJI Assistant is displayed as I’m showing in last picture.

I you can’t do it, just share this with someone who has some basic Windows system knowledge, he will recognize the meaning of these steps. Good luck.

Corresponding to each picture:
- Mouse right-click on DJI Assistant icon
- click on Properties (last line)
- copy the first line to capture the path where the program is : ctrl+c
- close this Properties Window
- mouse right click on taskbar Start button Windows icon - or press Windows+X keys
- choose Command Prompt (Admin)
- you get new black window
- type CD and path as shown in picture: ctrl+v to paste path within “ “ (See picture)
- as response, path is now shown in next line: you are in DJI Assistant directory
- type DJI Assistant 2.exe within “ “ and press Enter (name must be within ““) see picture
- after few seconds the DJI Assistant is displayed as I’m showing in last picture.

I you can’t do it, just share this with someone who has some basic Windows system knowledge, he will recognize the meaning of these steps. Good luck.
oh my it works!!! Thank you so much! Can I share your instruction?

Yes, this is not a cheat, it’s just to allow app running until digital certificate renewal is solved by DJI.

I'll say this DJI has the worst after service customer service in terms of firmware stability, instructions, software compatibility

Check that your DJI Assistant version is recent, ie 2.0.6.
In 2018 we got more P4 support for Firmware Update, Data Upload, Flight Data, Calibration, Simulator.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic