DJI GO 4 WILL NOT INSTALL ON IPAD MINI 2

Reaction score
DJI GO 4 WILL NOT INSTALL ON IPAD MINI 2, just bought this IPAD as it is recommended on DJI website..but does the APP say it is incompatible with the device??

Am I doing something wrong?

DJI GO 4 WILL NOT INSTALL ON IPAD MINI 2, just bought this IPAD as it is recommended on DJI website..but does the APP say it is incompatible with the device??

Am I doing something wrong?

Are you trying to install DJI Go4 version 4.1.20 ?
What version of IOS are you using, you might need to update to the latest 11.2.1

Reactions: Technical Bob
Yes trying to install the latest version available in Apple Store..my IPAD MINI 2 say it has the latest update file..but it is not 11.2.1..

How do I force the update to 11.2.1?

Yes trying to install the latest version available in Apple Store..my IPAD MINI 2 say it has the latest update file..but it is not 11.2.1..

How do I force the update to 11.2.1?

You do it via settings/ general/ software update

Are you sure you have a Mini 2 and not the earlier Mini, because the earlier model cannot be upgraded to IOS 11 ?

It should automatically show that the update to IOS 11 is available

You can try the itunes method of updating

Updating to iOS 11 on iPhone or iPad with iTunes
  1. Back up the iPhone or iPad if you have not done so already, do not skip making a backup
  2. Connect the iPhone or iPad to the computer with iTunes, then launch iTunes
  3. Select the device in iTunes by clicking on the device icon in the upper left corner, this goes to the device summary screen
  4. Choose the “Update” button in iTunes when iOS 11 update is shown

What's the model number on the back of your iPad Mini?

Unfortunately Johan , A1432 is a Mini 1, which is not compatible with IOS 11

iPad mini (aka iPad mini 1) A1432 (Wi-Fi) A1454 or A1455 (Wi-Fi + cellular)

The Ipad Mini 1 has an A5 processor which Apple chose not to support with IOS 10 or IOS 11
That is why you are seeing IOS 9 as the IOS operating system.

As msinger suggested the only option is to pay for and use Litchi, but you will have to wait until they sort out some compatibility problems with the Mini 1

What's new - Litchi

Last edited:
Ok..so disaster with the IPAD Mini 2 that was actually a Ipad Mini 1..nevertheless I got my money back...

Drone world here in South Africa are selling the Samsung Galaxy A6 tablet 4 G (Cost : R4000) which is compatible with most drones, question is, how old are the Samsung Gallaxy A6 tablets..should I go for a modern Unit?

Regards

Reactions: Photoflash
Ok..so disaster with the IPAD Mini 2 that was actually a Ipad Mini 1..nevertheless I got my money back...

Drone world here in South Africa are selling the Samsung Galaxy A6 tablet 4 G (Cost : R4000) which is compatible with most drones, question is, how old are the Samsung Gallaxy A6 tablets..should I go for a modern Unit?

Regards

I'd actually stick to the IOS side of the equation and go with the Mini 4 as the cheapest option, the closed operating system means that there are less issues with DJI Go4 when there are upgrades.
It looks like DJI favours Apple products over android

The DJI Go4 is getting quite bloated so extra cpu power will be needed in the future, I've been using a Mini 4, Ipad 5th Gen and Ipad Pro 10.5 with no issues at all
Have played around with a galaxy Tab S which struggles a bit and my Samsung S8+ which is fine.

Have a look at this recommendation page, put together by Msinger

Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily) - Phantom Help

At the moment trying to sideload DJI Go to the Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet, to see if this cheap option will work

Last edited:
Are you trying to install DJI Go4 version 4.1.20 ?
What version of IOS are you using, you might need to update to the latest 11.2.1
Be careful updating to iOS11. It takes away a lot of iOS features and adds many awful data destructive and performance issues. I won't update iOS anymore beyond 10.3.3.
Don't update unless you are using a completely separate device dedicated to DJI isolated from the rest of the Apple ecosystem.

I tried that, and it says it has the latest update.,,which is 9. something
I bought a mini2 off ebay which turned out to be a mini1 and 9 is as high as it will go. I am guessing you don't have a mini2 so like me I had to return it and buy another that was verified as a mini2

I'd actually stick to the IOS side of the equation and go with the Mini 4 as the cheapest option, the closed operating system means that there are less issues with DJI Go4 when there are upgrades.
It looks like DJI favours Apple products over android

The DJI Go4 is getting quite bloated so extra cpu power will be needed in the future, I've been using a Mini 4, Ipad 5th Gen and Ipad Pro 10.5 with no issues at all
Have played around with a galaxy Tab S which struggles a bit and my Samsung S8+ which is fine.

Have a look at this recommendation page, put together by Msinger

Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily) - Phantom Help

At the moment trying to sideload DJI Go to the Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet, to see if this cheap option will work
I would have said I had no issues with the Mini 3 until yesterday, when I was informed of something to the effect that the CPU was maxed out. (My words) Never saw that before. Next time I will reboot before flying. Good to know I can fall back to the S8+ if necessary. I'd spring for another tablet, but it's a veritable fortune getting one with a cell data transceiver! I, too, tried using a cheap tablet once - what a disaster! In hindsight I have to laugh, but at the time, it wasn't funny at all when it said it was landing during a RTH and nowhere in sight! I take some pretty big chances for a noob, but the tech is just SO amazing and dependable!

So this brings up the question, then: if I preload Google maps, do I really need a data connection to fly? I'm starting to think not.....

Regards
JohanVB i am from South Africa and i use a samsung tab E and it is working flawless with dji go 4 i bought it second hand for a thousand bucks. Wiped it and only installed dji go 4 as it is all i use it for and its a 9.7inch if im correct. Have not had any problems as to uet using it for 5 months now. Only down draw is the glare on the screen and the brightness isnt that good even i have it on full blast. I dont own a sunshade yet ill build me one later on. For now im just enjoying the bigscreen. Good luck buddy

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj