DJI Go 4 Crashed in flight

Many thanks, GadgetGuy. For the sake of clarity, I just press and hold the small power button on top of the built-in screen display (which I haven't touched since unpacking) - not the usual on/off button on the remote controller, which you press twice to initially switch on?

Again, thank you!

Many thanks, GadgetGuy. For the sake of clarity, I just press and hold the small power button on top of the built-in screen display (which I haven't touched since unpacking) - not the usual on/off button on the remote controller, which you press twice to initially switch on?

Again, thank you!
Exactly! It's a lifesaver, once you know it's there, on the built-in screen, completely separate from the RC power button, normally used to turn both on together. :cool:

DJI GO4 still stable after IOS 11.2 update on iPad 10.5. Flew yesterday with 3 batteries. Tried messing around with the camera settings and the app did not close. I have other apps in the background also. It was running 5.8 Auto. All the sensors are on. Hell, I turned everything on to see if it crashes the app.

DJI GO4 still stable after IOS 11.2 update on iPad 10.5. Flew yesterday with 3 batteries. Tried messing around with the camera settings and the app did not close. I have other apps in the background also. It was running 5.8 Auto. All the sensors are on. Hell, I turned everything on to see if it crashes the app.
Still waiting for confirmation from Ken or Ed that DJI can now endorse the iOS 11 update, or whether they still know of outstanding issues we could encounter.

Go4 is crashing on me almost every other flight. I've uninstalled the app 3 times. All of my equipment is up to date. Sometimes it will crash and not reconnect. I open Litchi and just continue on my way. Very frustrating. Never happened on my P3A.

Go4 is crashing on me almost every other flight. I've uninstalled the app 3 times. All of my equipment is up to date. Sometimes it will crash and not reconnect. I open Litchi and just continue on my way. Very frustrating. Never happened on my P3A.
Are you on iOS 11?

Remember that their choice of OS is Android.
That is incorrect. DJI's flagship app OS has always been, and always will be iOS. Their CS tablets only run Android because DJI doesn't want to pay Apple iOS royalties, not because Android is a better platform. DJI's iOS app developers are far more competent than their Android team. The biggest drawback to the CS tablets is that they cannot run the iOS version of GO 4.

Interesting, You would hope DJI would have worked out the bugs by now.
They may have, but until I hear it from them (Ed and Ken), I'm not updating to iOS 11 on my dedicated iPads used for flying (Air 2 and iPadPro). No benefit. Ed and Ken are far more informed than any of the other DJI reps, and anyone answering the phones at DJI. YMMV.

Where are we getting the feedback from DJI as to whether or not to use iOS 11 or any other issue? When there's an update for the Go app on my iPad Pro I usually download it -- same with upgrading the OS itself. Is there some place we need to check before doing so?

Brian

In iOS Settings, you should have Auto Updates turned OFF to protect the GO 4 app from updating, without your permission, until you know it isn't buggy and won't restrict your flying further. Also, always decline any offered iOS updates until they are fully vetted, and you know they won't cause problems with any apps you use like GO 4, and also won't turn your device into a slug, because your device hardware is too old to properly support it. :cool:

In iOS Settings, you should have Auto Updates turned OFF to protect the GO 4 app from updating, without your permission, until you know it isn't buggy and won't restrict your flying further. Also, always decline any offered iOS updates until they are fully vetted, and you know they won't cause problems with any apps you use like GO 4, and also won't turn your device into a slug, because your device hardware is too old to properly support it. :cool:

I have auto updates turned off on all my devices, always have, but my question was where do you get the information that tells you when it's OK to update. If you have a source that provides that kind of info then that's what I'm looking for...

Brian

AC and RC can’t connect after 11.2.1 update on iPad 10.5. I will be flying manual for a while until next patch. Is there a way to turn on camera from the RC and not from GO4?

I have auto updates turned off on all my devices, always have, but my question was where do you get the information that tells you when it's OK to update. If you have a source that provides that kind of info then that's what I'm looking for...

Brian
Good. Check RCGroups where Ed and Ken still post. :cool:

AC and RC can’t connect after 11.2.1 update on iPad 10.5. I will be flying manual for a while until next patch. Is there a way to turn on camera from the RC and not from GO4?
Just use the camera shutter release and video record buttons on the RC. :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik