DJI Go 4 app keeps crashing

Reaction score
The app will run about 20 seconds and then crashes. I have been using an iPad 9.7 (new one) for the last 6 months. I fly a phantom 4 pro. After it crashes, I click the app again and I get another 20 seconds of video. The phantom still flys fine but without any information. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas. Should I delete the app and install again? Thanks in advance.

The app will run about 20 seconds and then crashes. I have been using an iPad 9.7 (new one) for the last 6 months. I fly a phantom 4 pro. After it crashes, I click the app again and I get another 20 seconds of video. The phantom still flys fine but without any information. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas. Should I delete the app and install again? Thanks in advance.
I just posted as well... I should have checked here first, I have the same problem.

Reactions: wmclements2003
First time ever in a year flying my P4 (while filming an event) I had a glitch in my DJI GO4 app. It flickered and then the camera was facing the landing strut, so in my shock I stopped the app and restarted it. All was fine and I finished filming the event. Other than a break in the action the video(s) came out ok.
A few days later while flying at the same location the app kept closing on me and at one time the camera was facing the landing strut again, I also got a half screen of green.
A day later at a different location I flew one more time in various modes and no problems.
As above I’ll delete the app and upload it again.

On my second session with my P4P, using an iPad, I had issues with the DJI Go 4 app closing. Fortunately, every time I restarted the app it immediately reconnected, so I was able to get home safely. What I discovered as I went through things later, was that I’d neglected to turn off the Bluetooth or WiFi on the iPad... I’ve flown twice since without further issues.

All IOS devices are having this issue. You need to update your IOS and it will fix it.
That may be a piece of it, but I’m running iOS 11.2 & had the app crash 5-6 times on 1 flight. Since doing a “proper” preflight & killing extra apps & services, it’s been absolutely solid. Probably somewhere in the middle...

Have had problems like this before. Delete the app and reload. Re do your settings.. this has worked for me... good luck [emoji106]

I've updated my iPad, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and anything else people recommended to do. Still crashes. Odd thing is it seems to happed in streaks. Works fine for a few weeks then for a few days to a week it keeps crashing. Very frustrating.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20