Dji forum.....

Reaction score
Just tried posting the following to dji Forum, apparently it is offensive?

Having recently upgraded my Firmware I have encountered the 0800 / 1500 device not detected issues i.e. no live feed. The camera works fine, writes to Micro Sd card and can be viewed on seperate devices when inserted.

I updated the FW , exactly as dji recommend, there was no problem prior to the upgrade.

I now have to send it off for a €200+ repair, or do I? Dji, your software is not "fit for purpose" in many cases. I am now looking at buying a drone from another manufacturer simply because you KNEW there was issues a long time ago, you did nothing, in fact quite the opposite, the Firmware should be pulled until it is fixed.

I loved my P3P but is it worth getting fixed at that price? I may just give it my daughter and get something where the manufacturers have a better post warranty attitude.

You are now 100% certain there is an issue,as soon as i mentioned the error codes the advisor knew what it was, bad batch of chips or whatever, we understand as consumers that this happens occasionally,however, it would be very easy for you to go back to your supplier and say "We want xxxx number of gimbal boards. " And sell them at cost plus 10%, you would still make money and make a lot of disgruntled and annoyed customers happy, maybe even tempt them to stay with the brand.

Restore faith , sort this issue out and REMOVE the download link until it is sorted, alternatively issue a warning along the lines of " If you proceed with this Firmware update you may end up with an expensive piece of junk on your desk. Do you wish to proceed? "

The truth hurts at times I guess, but offensive ?

Is it possible that in trying to post on the DJI forum, that you didn't log in or make an account. Have you ever posted there before? There are posts where DJI received criticism.

I have an account, but, never posted there before. Never had need, all prior upgrades went smoothly and no prior issues with the craft.

Simple google search reveals that there is surprisingly small amount of posts about this - less than ten during the whole year:
https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&tbs=qdr:y&q="08+00"+"15+00"+site:forum.dji.com&oq="08+00"+"15+00"+site:forum.dji.com

On this forum, there are post about it every week.
So - yup, censorship confirmed.

Maybe they're censoring this specific subject - after all, it is clearly design issue.

Even the NAND for Ambarella, which is of exactly the same technology, just bigger capacity, rarely gets damaged. There must be something fishy with the DaVinci NAND chip.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20