DJI Flight Restrictions Hack?

Reaction score
If I use a third-party app like Litchi, airmap, or Kittyhawk's alternative flight apps instead of the DJI go 4 app if I run into a flight restriction, does using a third-party app such as the aforementioned make it so I can fly in places that DJI go doesn't let me fly?

You do realize that LANNC is now available for hobbyist don't you? You may want to brush up on the new regulations first if you were not aware of that. And in answer to your question it would depend on which aircraft, which version of firmware among other variables.

You do realize that LANNC is now available for hobbyist don't you? You may want to brush up on the new regulations first if you were not aware of that. And in answer to your question it would depend on which aircraft, which version of firmware among other variables.
Thanks, I do know that LAANC is available today in my area, I actually tried it out on the Kittyhawk app. But I don't think that changes the internal geofencing of my phantom 4. Is DJI going to change the geofencing now that we have Laanc for hobbyists?

BTW, your right, I probably do need to update my drone's firmware and geofence data, I'm getting the dreaded gimbal error message...

I probably do need to update my drone's firmware
If it flies to your satisfaction don't change firmware. There is no need to do so. That won't fix a gimbal error either.

How do I update the geofence database without updating the firmware?
Could check for update here.I'm sure it one of these..well I think it one of these
Screenshot_20190724-092159.jpg

Reactions: Capt KO
Hey everyone, has anyone tried nolimitsdronez.com? I am considering unlocking my phantom 4. What are your guys opinions on the service?

No history on support.
Unlocked a p4p for height limit (mountain flying) and works fine.
Nice, I never thought about how the height limit might make it hard to fly in the mountains, but that's awesome that you unlocked the drone to get those epic shots in the mountains! How hard is it to unlock with their services?

I just heard about nolimitsdronez.com have any of you heard about that? It seems like it would unlock no fly zones and put the responsibility on the pilot.

I just heard about nolimitsdronez.com have any of you heard about that? It seems like it would unlock no fly zones and put the responsibility on the pilot.
Yup never used it myself but it's got some good reviews.

Hey everyone, has anyone tried nolimitsdronez.com? I am considering unlocking my phantom 4. What are your guys opinions on the service?
Its pretty good and their after sales service is fantastic! PM if after details.

It does exactly that! I can say you won't be disappointed, if that's what you're after.

I've used NLD to roll back firmware to pre-NFZ limitations on 3MP's and 1P4P. All without a problem.

To answer the OP's question, Litchi won't fly your Bird if the Bird's firmware thinks it's in a flight restricted zone. The firmware won't even arm the motors. You have to roll back the firmware.

The NLD documentation needs to be updated, but it works. There is a risk of "bricking" the operating system, and I gather that it's happened to some users, but my experience has been favorable. Just read ALL the NLD documentation & instructions first.

You may get a "firmware needs to be updated" message when you power up after rolling back the firmware. Just ignore it. Better yet, don't have your device logged onto a wifi network so it can't phone home. The only time I log my iPad4 onto the internet is to sync Litchi Hub with my local Litchi app that I fly with.

Reactions: quadrotor

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj