DJI "drone" flier arrested/Aircraft confiscated

Sorry about your friends getting shot. We live in sad times and it's getting worse. but I don't think it's because of this guy. It's because of higher authorities not defending the Constitution and encouraging lawlessness. But believe it or not, there are quite a few in law enforcement who probably should not be to begin with.
JKD theirs drone pilots who should not to begin with .
. I did not say He had anything to do with my friend getting shot . I did say there were bad cops .
You can argue this with all the rest but I'm getting out of it . I said My opinion of him and it stands .
That's it .
Now it's time to wake the 109 and take it for a ride ;)

The guy is a dickhead. I gave up half way through as I got fed up with his approach of baiting and winding the officers up - all on video so they had to play nice as pie. If he uses that attitude in court I can see him being in contempt regardless of the issue of flying a quad in a restricted area.
Not being American, my impression of the U.S. Military is that he was lucky to have the chance to land at all!

Last edited:
JKD theirs drone pilots who should not to begin with .
. I did not say He had anything to do with my friend getting shot . I did say there were bad cops .
You can argue this with all the rest but I'm getting out of it . I said My opinion of him and it stands .
That's it .
Now it's time to wake the 109 and take it for a ride ;)

Yeah. I'm just not understanding all the hate for the guy.
I don't see it.
That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

The guy is reasonable and courteous....READ THIS and stop all the childish nonsense
Cop Watch

Time to hit the beach.

Last edited:
Tom Zebra flew where he wasn't supposed to and he didn't know the laws that applied to flying there. The first officer cited the exact municipal code, and Tom replied with something like "most of the police officers I meet...they never know the code they're talking about."

He resorts to childish name calling in his videos. "You're mistaken bacon." He's whiny, immature and antagonistic while the cops are professional and calm.

He's NOT the person I want representing the drone hobby.

Well, you implied you had seen him in so many videos....thought maybe you knew of at least ONE.

GoodnNuff said......
"I've never seen a video where I didn't think Tom Zebra was an ***."

Guess not.
Petulant much?

I have some free time later this morning, I suppose I could use it to satisfy your curiosity.
But had you channeled the energy you've spent challenging my opinion here on doing some research yourself...

Yeah. I'm just not understanding all the hate for the guy.
I don't see it.
That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

The
Watched the entire video. What I saw in this video is that when officers treat HIM with respect....he does the same. When officers show him no respect, he does the same.
IIRC, he DOES have rights. As long as he is not interfering with their duties (which I clearly saw him taking care not to) he has every right under the US Constitution to do everything he did in that video.
Did you not see the look in officer Lopez's face? Did you not hear him asking the officer repeatedly to get out of his face? Lopez was doing exactly what too many do, intimidation. How did you miss that?

What surprises me is that he has not been found dead yet. And anyone who thinks that would be a good thing is just wrong on so many fronts.
Guess the judge who kept his Phantom didn't have the same legal opinion as you.

Tom Zebra flew where he wasn't supposed to and he didn't know the laws that applied to flying there.

Right. Because all Drone operators always only fly where they're supposed to and they've all read all the FAA regs on this.

Hilarious

Right. Because all Drone operators always only fly where they're supposed to and they've all read all the FAA regs on this.

Hilarious
You may be correct but you're changing the subject. We're not talking about drone fliers knowing where they're supposed to fly.

Guess the judge who kept his Phantom didn't have the same legal opinion as you.

Look.... I disagree with you. End of story. Google "Corrupt Judge" and get back to me.
All the whining in the world isn't gonna change that.
I'm ready to move on.....better things to do...how about you?

59404491.jpg

I just heard that a teacher in New York was just arrested for crashing a drone into the US Open.
(hoping we can get off this silly topic)

I know what I said. I was referring to Tom Zebra challenging the police where he didn't know the law and how I don't want him representing me as a drone enthusiast.

I never said anything about all fliers knowing all the laws. That's a different thread for a different time, perhaps.

I know what I said. I was referring to Tom Zebra challenging the police where he didn't know the law and how I don't want him representing me as a drone enthusiast.

I never said anything about all fliers knowing all the laws. That's a different thread for a different time, perhaps.

Sometimes the best reaction........

Is no reaction......

Stop !! Hammertime !
People often complain about the police, but you rarely hear about the positive things they do, such as this incident involving a biker and a frozen carburetor.

Last January on a bitterly cold winter's day, a North Dakota State Trooper on patrol came upon a motorcyclist who was stalled by the roadside. The biker was swathed in heavy protective clothing and wearing a full-face helmet to protect the face from the cold weather.

“What’s the matter?" asked the Trooper

"Carburetor's frozen," was the terse reply.

"Pee on it. That'll thaw it out."

"I can't," said the biker.

"OK, watch me closely and I'll show you." The Trooper unzipped and promptly warmed the carburetor as promised.

Moments later the bike started and the rider drove off, waving.

A few days later, the local State Troopers’ office received a note of thanks from the father of the motorcyclist.

It began: "On behalf of my daughter Jill..." :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20