DJI "drone" flier arrested/Aircraft confiscated

p fandango said:
samd012 said:
He was not arrested but ticketed. They did take the quad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGtqVLMGV74
that video was alot more revealing that the short editted version in the news article. If he'd of been more cooperative with the younger officer at the beginning instead of withholding his name etc he might of been on his way home before the other Police officers turned up. Even in that longer video there was a few audio edits which made me suspicious to what he didn't want other hearing, wonder why. Also the officer who wrote his purchase receipt kept referring to flying over a Police staton, so theirs more video missing & looks like the intention was purely to wind up the Police

I've seen some of this guys other videos. he operates a dedicated anti cop website. From what I saw it looks like he just rides around on his bike, pisses off cops, and films it. including flying over police stations to push their limits. So the cops knew this guy and had zero motivations to cut this guy some slack. that being said, this sets a precedent. when LA cops see a drone in the air it reminds them of the story of this jerk as they go talk to the pilot with possibly a more negative attitude than they would have had. this guy isnt doing responsible people who just want to enjoy this hobby any favors.

ohseedee said:
p fandango said:
samd012 said:
He was not arrested but ticketed. They did take the quad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGtqVLMGV74
that video was alot more revealing that the short editted version in the news article. If he'd of been more cooperative with the younger officer at the beginning instead of withholding his name etc he might of been on his way home before the other Police officers turned up. Even in that longer video there was a few audio edits which made me suspicious to what he didn't want other hearing, wonder why. Also the officer who wrote his purchase receipt kept referring to flying over a Police staton, so theirs more video missing & looks like the intention was purely to wind up the Police

I've seen some of this guys other videos. he operates a dedicated anti cop website. From what I saw it looks like he just rides around on his bike, pisses off cops, and films it. including flying over police stations to push their limits. So the cops knew this guy and had zero motivations to cut this guy some slack. that being said, this sets a precedent. when LA cops see a drone in the air it reminds them of the story of this jerk as they go talk to the pilot with possibly a more negative attitude than they would have had. this guy isnt doing responsible people who just want to enjoy this hobby any favors.

I agree. I've seen his stuff. He is not one of us. He uses his Phantom as a tool in his quest to be the world's biggest A-Hole.

This Video is a bit outdated......Daniel has been doing this stuff for quite some time now. IMO sometimes he crosses the line but the cops he seems to stalk or harass likely cross the line more than he does on a daily basis which is why he is tolerated by the public. Unfortunately there is a space for what he's doing.

However his flying can be on the antagonistic side as it seems he does push it where i would not. He has gone thru many Phantoms over the past year and likely has a few still in police custody. He just gets another and keeps it pushing.

Check out his youtube page and see his actions for yourself then you can properly pass judgement! lol

eckoner said:
Check out his youtube page and see his actions for yourself then you can properly pass judgement! lol
i've just had a quick look. I can't describe him in a way that wouldn't get blocked by the forum swear filter

Re: DJI "drone" flier arrested/Aircraft confiscated

I don't have a problem with that AT ALL. He's an idiot, and doesn't deserve to own or pilot a Phantom or any other equipment. He's just making it harder for the rest of us. Take it away ASAP!
Same here, that guy is an idiot! The guy should have just landed it and been apologetic with the cops and situation. He should try to understand why it could be an issue. Act like this and ruin the hobby for everyone!

Reactions: HomeDrone
I find it really irritating (and inaccurate) that Tom Zebra/Daniel Saulmon is labeled an LA Drone Activist in the headline. He's an anti-police activist.

Thanks for posting the update.

I looked over his website and youtube channel.

But honestly, I don't really see anything wrong with his videos or sites.
He seems like a very decent guy in the 4 videos I watched.
All I saw was a guy who doesn't tolerate abuse of authority. Maybe I missed the ones where he's being a jerk????

I tend to agree with eckoner in his post above.

Can someone give me a specific link to a specific video where he's being a A-hole?

I looked over his website and youtube channel.

But honestly, I don't really see anything wrong with his videos or sites.
He seems like a very decent guy in the 4 videos I watched.
All I saw was a guy who doesn't tolerate abuse of authority. Maybe I missed the ones where he's being a jerk????

I tend to agree with eckoner in his post above.

Can someone give me a specific link to a specific video where he's being a A-hole?
I guess we all have difference tolerance levels when it comes to assholes.
I've never seen a video where I didn't think Tom Zebra was an ***.

I guess we all have difference tolerance levels when it comes to assholes.
I've never seen a video where I didn't think Tom Zebra was an ***.

ok. I really don't know much about him. Actually, this thread is the first time I've heard of him. I just went to his site as some suggested and looked at some of his videos. Maybe I just happened to look at the 4 where he didn't act stupid?

Can you point me to just one in particular where it is clear he is the a-hole some say he is?
I guess if I had the time I could view them all but if I could just get someone who says he was the idiot in just one then I could view that one.

Also, do you have "any" background yourself or family in law enforcement? If so, that might possibly influence your opinion of him?

ok. I really don't know much about him. Actually, this thread is the first time I've heard of him. I just went to his site as some suggested and looked at some of his videos. Maybe I just happened to look at the 4 where he didn't act stupid?

Can you point me to just one in particular where it is clear he is the a-hole some say he is?
I guess if I had the time I could view them all but if I could just get someone who says he was the idiot in just one then I could view that one.

Also, do you have "any" background yourself or family in law enforcement? If so, that might possibly influence your opinion of him?
Sorry, I'm in my office, I don't have time to search through YouTube in hope of finding a video I think a stranger (you) might find offensive. If you are interested, do your own research and form your own opinions.
I think I probably have a sheriff in my old west lineage somewhere. I've never worked in LE.
No, I just know an *** when I see one.

Well, you implied you had seen him in so many videos....thought maybe you knew of at least ONE.

GoodnNuff said......
"I've never seen a video where I didn't think Tom Zebra was an ***."

Guess not.

If you don't know of Tom Zebra and what he looks for then you don't understand . He's like Clipper said...
He's an anti-police activist.
I've never wasted my time watching any of his trash cause I know it's just one sided .I have seen on lots of
shows what he looks for and try's to film. He never looks for anything good ,just something to sell .
I'm not saying all cops are good cause their not but not all are bad .Just like drone pilots .
All ya see in the media is the bad stuff drone pilot's do and not the good .
In this day of LE having to watch their backs because of all the problems of nuts
killing them they don't need folks like Tom Zebra adding fuel to an already burning fire .
Everyone has an opinion and some might love him...I don't !
I hope when he was incarcerated he shared a cell with Bubba .
Bubba has been lonely for awhile... if ya get me :)
That article says he's a Drone Activist . BS..He's just
trying to sell to TMZ or other media that don't like LE .

Just my thought on him . :)
And that's all folks !!.png

He's got some impressive looking endorsements on his web page. Makes him look legit...at a glance anyway

Hadn't never looked at it . I know the media loves em but I know he feeds off LE . I just had a buddy Deputy shot the other nite and thankfully
he had a vest on . Another just got killed in another state buy some nuts and I just don't care myself for one's that like to spread nothing but bad stuff ..
Is like our folks that do great things with our quads . Ya never hear about that in the news but only the bad ones.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Well, you implied you had seen him in so many videos....thought maybe you knew of at least ONE.

GoodnNuff said......
"I've never seen a video where I didn't think Tom Zebra was an ***."

Guess not.
Watch the YouTube video Daniel Saulmon, Police Brutality, GRAPHIC After about two minutes I felt like telling him to shut the **** up. Annoying as crap!

Never heard of the guy till now. Watched the "Police Brutality" video. If that's definitive of who this guy is and what's he's about that's about all I need to see of him. ;) I mean in this day and age doesn't LEO's have it bad enough without somebody like that just trying their damnedest to instigate and provoke a reaction? I don't live far from Ferguson, MO and during the riots (yes, riots, protesters do not burn their neighborhoods down and loot and pillage) the cops got nothing but a bad rap for taking too hard a stand and THEN when they tried to stand down somewhat everybody was all up in their *** cause they weren't taking a hard enough stand. Sorry, don't mean to open "that" up for debate here, just using it as a "**** if they do, **** if they don't" example. This guy needs to learn what respect means! There's going to come a day when HE needs a cop and ya know what? Yeah, they'll even be there for him too in spite of it all cause that's what they do and that's who they are.
Sorry to hear about your friend Dirk,....:(
BOT

Never heard of the guy till now. Watched the "Police Brutality" video. If that's definitive of who this guy is and what's he's about that's about all I need to see of him. ;) I mean in this day and age doesn't LEO's have it bad enough without somebody like that just trying their damnedest to instigate and provoke a reaction? I don't live far from Ferguson, MO and during the riots (yes, riots, protesters do not burn their neighborhoods down and loot and pillage) the cops got nothing but a bad rap for taking too hard a stand and THEN when they tried to stand down somewhat everybody was all up in their *** cause they weren't taking a hard enough stand. Sorry, don't mean to open "that" up for debate here, just using it as a "**** if they do, **** if they don't" example. This guy needs to learn what respect means! There's going to come a day when HE needs a cop and ya know what? Yeah, they'll even be there for him too in spite of it all cause that's what they do and that's who they are.
Sorry to hear about your friend Dirk,....:(
BOT
He's OK BOT and thanks . He's not the first . It left a grapefruit size bruise on his stomach where it hit him. Thing is he meant to kill him .
World done gone mad without all the mess some try and start . I mean the whole world too ! Is scary and what I hate the most is when my grandkids get bigger .

Watch the YouTube video Daniel Saulmon, Police Brutality, GRAPHIC After about two minutes I felt like telling him to shut the **** up. Annoying as crap!

Watched the entire video. What I saw in this video is that when officers treat HIM with respect....he does the same. When officers show him no respect, he does the same.
IIRC, he DOES have rights. As long as he is not interfering with their duties (which I clearly saw him taking care not to) he has every right under the US Constitution to do everything he did in that video.
Did you not see the look in officer Lopez's face? Did you not hear him asking the officer repeatedly to get out of his face? Lopez was doing exactly what too many do, intimidation. How did you miss that?

What surprises me is that he has not been found dead yet. And anyone who thinks that would be a good thing is just wrong on so many fronts.

Last edited:
Hadn't never looked at it . I know the media loves em but I know he feeds off LE . I just had a buddy Deputy shot the other nite and thankfully
he had a vest on . Another just got killed in another state buy some nuts and I just don't care myself for one's that like to spread nothing but bad stuff ..
Is like our folks that do great things with our quads . Ya never hear about that in the news but only the bad ones.

Sorry about your friends getting shot. We live in sad times and it's getting worse. but I don't think it's because of this guy. It's because of higher authorities not defending the Constitution and encouraging lawlessness. But believe it or not, there are quite a few in law enforcement who probably should not be to begin with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20