DJI drone Commits Suicide - Anyone else loose $2700. ?

I may have added to the confusion regarding "Phantom" mode.
If you have changed to Naza in the assistant, and have enabled IOC, but you have both S1 and S2 switches in the up position, you are flying in GPS. Essentially it is the same as if you were still set in Phantom mode in the assistant.

When you tried ATTI, you may have noticed your green lights changed to yellow, that is your indicator of what mode it is flying in. If it loses GPS (less than 6) it will automatically change to ATTI. Home lock will not work with less than 6, neither will RTH (turning off controller).

I'm not familiar with the Vision apps and messages but "auto land" sounds suspiciously like a low battery situation.
Thanks for info. That was the first time I saw the "auto land" message (it was a Phantom 2 with GoPro -- not the Vision or Vision+). The battery was at 50%, but I wonder if it went into "auto land" mode when the satellites dropped to less than six and I hit RTH?

Why did your phantom cost $2700? Should be like $1500
Yep I agree I have mine loaded and I'm not even close to $2700 with GP & case . I would like to see his break down of cost ?

I had something similar happen to me-
I started the p2v+ next to a river and flew it above me as I was walking, then crossing a bridge and then hiking. I continued to walk and fly, bringing it up and down 3 times. On the third time, as I noticed the battery reaching 36% I brought it down to me. It was literally within hand catching distance, 1 ft off the ground, when it suddenly stormed up and then away. I panicked as I saw it fly over the river and barely missing some tree tops. It was about 800 ft away from me when it started landing. As I ran towards it, I realized it was landing at the ORIGINAL RTH point....

Some things I learned from that experience:
1. Reset your RTH point every time you start from a different location
2. Change the minimum battery RTH threshold (that was on a previous firmware)
3. Never let it initiate RTH due to battery - I hate that feeling when you don't have any control.

Count me in the club, my P2V+ V3 passed away during the forth flight, that's under 60 minutes of total flight time. Been at the workshop for 3 weeks, DJI does not respond any emails and the supplier in my country is probably the slowest customer service I've ever experienced. The fantasy of having a Phantom is turning into something very different after three months of ownership, with only 3 days of having a actual functioning unit.

That vertical take off behaviour does sound to me exactly like low battery. The other thing about battery at <25% is that it is decaying fast. You might see 25% and assume it is still 25% a moment or two later. But it it right on the cusp of the decay curve. So I think this was low battery. I cant explain the choice of homepoint, but there is plenty of speculation here which seems plausible to me. What does not seem plausible is how you spend $2700 on a P2. :rolleyes:

How many flights did the battery had? did you made the health test on the battery recently?
There have been reports that after 30 to 40 cycles a 80-90% heath battery can cause the bird to behav erratically.
check this video:

The only way it would RTH into the middle of the lake is if the home point was manually reset during flight. OP says he didn't do that. It's not exactly something you would easily do by accident.

Some facts about RTH:
  • At power up, there is no home point. Home LAT, LON, ALT are all zero.
  • The home point keeps getting updated (as long as the sat count stays above 6) until you start the motors.
I've never seen any evidence to support a "rogue RTH" to a distant or old location. Not saying it isn't possible but everything I've seen suggests it's highly unlikely. Maybe if the claimed rogue RTHs all headed for the intersection of the equator and the prime meridian, we might be onto something.

Solar flares? Red herring. Seriously. That information is wrong. If there was a solar flare that was so big, it caused your Phantom to flyaway, we'd all be f***ed! :confused:

I thought RTH is automatically set when the phantom turns on and is attempting to sync up with satellites?

Its a set of rapid flashes. I guess this phrase is sad a lot around were but, Please read the manual before you fly your drone.
To make really sure I have a Home location before I fly, I ALWAYS flip the left switch 5 times to force RTH lock.

I thought it was the first set of green flashes. Am i wrong?
It depends whether you have ioc enabled or not. If you havent it is the first. If you have it is the second.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj