DJI Care

Reaction score
Yea or Nay on signing up for DJI Care
I didn't on my P4 and missed the deadline of not jumping through hoops.
Now have the new baby have to do it in the next 48 hours.

I jumped on it with my new Phantom 3 Pro.... Seems like a reasonable deal!

I'm going to purchase it when mine arrives tomorrow. It's cheap insurance if that awful moment happens when it drops out of the sky! :)

I searched this forum on this there is a lot of discussion, I'm still undecided ???

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I too am undecided.. My P4P arrived today, so I've got about 44 hours to decide. It's under warrantee, and I don't usually crash my birds (ok, once when I first got my P3P). Plus obstacle avoidance should reduce that chance.

I spent an hour trying to purchase the DJI care restore plan today. They are having errors on the site. Chatted, emailed and called support. All they said was try tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Well that kinda stinks , you can send them a two hour old brand new drone that you just received and crashed into the side of your neighbors house [emoji851] and they send you one back that could have been crashed and rebuilt a dozen times over .

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
It's better than no P4P to fly. Frankly I think you'll be happy with any repairs they make. If you total your craft you might get a refurbished unit, but they usually look like new. I'm going to buy the plan simply because the camera would be expensive to replace just by itself. And now I can take a little more risk at flying in tight spots, as long as it's not over water. Any water damage and the care plan is void.

Reactions: ricphoto
It's better than no P4P to fly. Frankly I think you'll be happy with any repairs they make. If you total your craft you might get a refurbished unit, but they usually look like new. I'm going to buy the plan simply because the camera would be expensive to replace just by itself. And now I can take a little more risk at flying in tight spots, as long as it's not over water. Any water damage and the care plan is void.
Thank you for the info, good to know..

and for the price of a battery I insure against my own idiocy ;-)

Check out "Verifly"...flight by flight insurance that will ease your worries until you decide if you want a yearly plan..

So if we decide to sign up we just go to DJI web sight and sign up even if purchased else ware ?

Thanks [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi Ric @ricphoto, where did you purchase your DJI Care Refresh for the P4P? I tried to purchase it from DJI directly, but their web form is not accepting my serial number and appears to be looking for a Mavic S/N. I called Aerial Media Pros, and they said that they do not have the care refresh cards for the P4P yet (only the Mavic), and not to buy from them online. 42 hours and counting...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 5.48.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 5.48.55 PM.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 282

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.