DJI Care Refresh for P4P

Reaction score
This is the description of care refresh for the P4P.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DJI Care Refresh is a comprehensive 12 months insurance policy for your P4 Pro, offering you greater peace of mind every time you fly.

In summary, this is how it works:

1. Buy Refresh for $259 at the same time as your P4P or within 48 hours after.
  2. Bind your Refresh policy to your P4P here.
  3. If you damage or crash your P4P during the first 12 months, and it's not a standard warranty claim, DJI will collect your unit and quote on the repair.
  4. You can either accept and pay their repair quote or ask for a replacement craft. If you take the replacement, you pay just $209.
  5. If you crash it again in that same 12 months, you get the same option again, only this time it's $319 for a replacement.
  6. After 2 replacements, or after the 12 months is up, the policy expires and cannot be renewed.

Of course there's various terms and conditions and a few exclusions regarding this deal. Make sure you read them thoroughly here before you sign up.

If you decide to purchase at the same time as you order your Phantom 4 Pro, just select it in the options as you order.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So.... number 4. If they quote me $200 to fix, I have to pay the $200, or pay $209 to get a replacement? So why pay for DJI care refresh if I have to pay for repairs? especially at no discount for having the care refresh plan???

Who has bought this and is glad they did? What am I missing?

So why pay for DJI care refresh if I have to pay for repairs?
If you use DJI Care Refresh, you don't have to pay for repairs. You just need to pay the set fee to have your Phantom replaced.

It could be new or refurbished and there is no way to know what they will do. I bought the care refresh for my p4p+ and after about 3 months I didn't set RTH correctly and lost connection and it flew back towards the home point into a tree at high speed. The gimbal assembly was torn off and pretty damaged, the shell was destroyed, the battery had a cell that moved out of it's supporting groove inside the casing, plus of course broken props and other damage I likely couldn't see. The cost to repair was around $300 as I recall but then you have to wait a lot longer for them to fix and return your bird so I chose to pay the $99 first time use charge for the refresh and within a few days they had shipped. When it arrived it was a new unit with a new battery and a new set of props. So for me it was probably worth it.

Yeah I read up about it. After understanding it, it is definitely worth it, especially with an expensive drone like the P4P

I have DJI Care Refresh for my P4P and just went through the process of filing my first claim 3 weeks ago. I had received what looked like to be a refurbished product vs. brand new, however, I haven't had any issues whatsoever. Keep in mind that with DJI Care Refresh, there is also an 'Express' option (at no added cost). By selecting this option, you bypass the whole assessment, repair and quote processes. As soon as they receive your P4P, they will ship you out your replacement. If you have any other questions regarding the process, let me know how I can help!

I have DJI Care Refresh for my P4P and just went through the process of filing my first claim 3 weeks ago. I had received what looked like to be a refurbished product vs. brand new, however, I haven't had any issues whatsoever. Keep in mind that with DJI Care Refresh, there is also an 'Express' option (at no added cost). By selecting this option, you bypass the whole assessment, repair and quote processes. As soon as they receive your P4P, they will ship you out your replacement. If you have any other questions regarding the process, let me know how I can help!

Thanks mate, I will. I will be ordering early next week I reckon, so pretty excited. Just wondering whether I should keep or sell the P3S. Probabaly not worth selling, it's still like new

It could be new or refurbished and there is no way to know what they will do. I bought the care refresh for my p4p+ and after about 3 months I didn't set RTH correctly and lost connection and it flew back towards the home point into a tree at high speed. The gimbal assembly was torn off and pretty damaged, the shell was destroyed, the battery had a cell that moved out of it's supporting groove inside the casing, plus of course broken props and other damage I likely couldn't see. The cost to repair was around $300 as I recall but then you have to wait a lot longer for them to fix and return your bird so I chose to pay the $99 first time use charge for the refresh and within a few days they had shipped. When it arrived it was a new unit with a new battery and a new set of props. So for me it was probably worth it.

Surprised DJI included a battery with your replacement drone, you must be lucky. It specifically states in the Terms and Conditions that coverage is only for the drone R/C, propellers, and gimbal/camera -- excluding battery and remote. For some reason that doesn't seem to be the case with the Mavic -- as batteries are covered.

I have been reviewing the threads and read the DJI Care Refresh site stuff. I like the idea of getting it when my new one arrives but I have a question that I hope someone here can answer. It all talks about "normal" use. Can someone tell me, is "commercial use" considered "normal"? I have a licensed business doing real estate photography and sometimes that includes doing aerials with the P4P for which I am paid. Will I be covered working?
Thx

Disregard my question above. I received an answer direct from DJI. Yes, DJI Care Refresh covers you for business use of the drone. That's a relief to know for me and I hope it is for others too.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31