DJI buy-back plan

Reaction score
I really think we should sign a petition to have some kind of a loyalty plan for DJI to trade to the next model. Or at least give it at a major discount with a 2-yr commitment. ;)

Who's with me? I think it will help them sell more with repeated clients. C'mon DJI!

Right, car dealers and phone carriers do it, why shouldn't DJI?
But think about this... Who has ever come out ahead at the car dealership on trade-ins? And the last time I inquired about trade-in at Verizon, they offered $10 for my HTC Rezound. $10!!! Screw them!

Seriously, why should DJI do any better, if it offer a trade-in? I bet My P3A would be worth $150, or less on a trade -in. If you really want a P4, I think the best way is to wait a month or two for the eBay P3P sell frenzy to die, list, and then take the best offer possible.

Already, I saw several new P3P's on eBay list for $799. ****, that price dropped fast.

I am with you.

I see you have the "winky" eye, so I get you are partially joking. But I don't see how it makes any business sense.

What is this 2 year commitment you speak of? Would it have some "pay as you fly chip"? So for two years you have to pay a monthly fee of 40 bucks to keep flying? And if you go over your flying minutes you have to pay "X" above your current plan?

So just like the cellphone model, at the end of the two years you initially paid 800 bucks for your P4 (good deal compared to 1399.99) and the 40 bucks a month (tax, license, interest fees not included which actually brings your monthly bill to 48 bucks a month) for 24 months which equals 1152.00 bucks for a grand total of $1952.00!!!! You are now free and clear!

Oh but wait in the middle of your two-year contract, DJI comes out with the P5. Now you have to have that. Oh to get out of your current contract you have to pay the balance of the contract? No biggie, thats only 576 bucks plus DJI will give you credit for you P4 after you pay the fee for shipping it to them and pay their 100 buck evaluation fee which you don't have to worry about cause they'll build that into your contract... Oh because of the condition and the number of P4 trade-ins, they'll give you 100 bucks for it...

You get the picture...

IMO, if you can't afford to just go out and buy this Luxury item without some creative financing, shouldn't you be focusing on other aspects of your financial situation or just realize its a luxury you just can't really afford?

Reactions: kirk2579
Who's with me? I think it will help them sell more with repeated clients. C'mon DJI!

I don't think they have any problem there! When the P3 came out, extra batteries were going for $300.00 on E-Bay. They couldn't make them fast enough!

E-Bay, Craigslist, or PP Classified is your best bet for selling your Phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20