DJI Battery

Reaction score
Well I bought a used Pahntom 3 standard. Looks in excellent shape. One of the things I liked was it had an extra battery. I charged one of the batteries last night. It seemed to take a good charge. All lights are bright green. I got to reading on youtube about the batteries and it looks like I have knock offs. I never thought about that. I guess that is one of the perils about buying something used and of course the seller never said anything about that and I don't know what to look at anyway.
What are the opinions on knockoffs and I am going ahead and buy a new DJI battery and use it. Where is the best place to buy one and what should I look at paying. Thanks

What are the opinions on knockoffs
Here are a few reasons you might not want to use a 3rd party battery:
  • If your Phantom is still covered under warranty, DJI might decide not to honor your warranty if you attempt to make a claim on damage that was or could have been caused by a power-related issue.

• DJI batteries are known to work well when cared for properly. The battery is one of the most important Phantom components, so it's nice having peace of mind when you send you Phantom up into the air.

If you're dead set on using 3rd party batteries, then check out the Powerextra batteries. They've consistently had good reviews over the past couple of years. Check out the reviews if you decide to try a different brand.

Where is the best place to buy one
Here are a few places to buy new Phantom 3 batteries:

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj