DJI Battery "Damaged Cell" alert.

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just came back from a flight down the local park... flew for around 10 minutes when suddenly I get rear flash red LEDs - low voltage alert.

Switch to home lock and brought it back... hovered at head height for around another 2 minutes with out issue.
Not risking it so landed and powered off.

DJI software reports a damaged cell popup.

Here are the voltages from the software..
Battery specs.JPG

As you can see I've only used it 19 times and I've always stored it around 50% charged.
The battery is not swollen in any way.
The Full Capacity versus the Design Capacity is way off.. hmmm

I'm in the process of deep cycling it as per the DJI recommendation after 20 charges.

Last edited:
I would discard it or ask for a replacement. $130 seems like a lot now, but when your $1200 phantom blows up mid-flight, its pennies.

Well KUDOS to www.heliguy.com - they have spoken to DJI and are replacing the battery under warranty.. a new one should be here on Friday!!!

Edit: Battery arrived on Friday - the latest version 2.0.
I've noticed the indicator lights are much brighter and contain 3 small LEDs (each light) instead of the one LED.

Last edited:
Try the following..

Deplete the problem battery in the quad.. then you need to find a way to reduce the charge even more so that the battery won't even power on - no lights.
at this point do a full charge and some people have reported that the battery comes back to life and works normally again.

It seems the issue is related to the onboard "smart" electronics getting confused over the charge level.

Hi,
I have a Phantom 2 Vision +, from June 2014. I got it with 2 battery. After a month I bought another 2 batteries.
3 weeks ago, in flight, I received a message that the battery is damaged. "ONE OR MORE CELLS ARE DAMAGED. NOT RECOMMENDED TO FLY
After 1 week, on the next flight with another battery, again I received a message that the battery is damaged.
I tried cleaning the connectors, but not resolved.
Today thoroughly checking the specifications of the batteries with PC Assistant , I discovered that another battery shows low capacity (No.4) ...

Can you give me a solution to these problems with batteries?

Please, help me?

Nearly 3 batteries are defective. Some of the battery are only 14-15 times used.

In attachment are the picture from PC Assistant for all 4 batteries.
Battery 1 status.jpg Battery 2 problem.jpg Battery 3 problem.jpg Battery 4 status.jpg

Well they're a year old and even with the best maintenance can develop issues.

Were they fully charged before you started each flight?

I'd try recharging them and re-read the battery stats. A partial (dis)charge is not probably not the best condition to try and evaluate their condition.

Same problem, broken cell notification. I also had sporadic movvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvement with just a slight tap of the stick. The bad battery would or could cause this, right?

Same problem, broken cell notification. I also had sporadic movvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvement with just a slight tap of the stick. The bad battery would or could cause this, right?

It's possible but any case it is time to replace that battery or batteries whatever is the case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.