DJI announced Mac support for A2, will Phantom be next?

Reaction score
Looks like DJI may be coming out with Mac OS X versions of Phantom software soon. See quote below for an extract from today's announcement from DJI regarding their high-end A2 flight controller. Of course at the moment the corresponding A2 download section still has only Windoze apps, but it often takes DJI up to a day or two to fully rollout new downloads.

Steve

from DJI A2 Flight controller firmware upgrade notice 2013-12-30:

<snip>

Assistant Software

1. Added RC status display.
2. Assistant Software released with support for Mac OS X 10.6(Lion)or above. Assistant software usages on Mac and Windows are exactly the same.

Hopefully they will release Mac software for all their flight controllers! Not having a windows laptop and having to bring my phantom into my office to tweak gain settings is quite annoying.

Mac version of the A2 software isn't available yet despite that message saying it is. I'm keen to try it.

Is this assistant software compatible with Phantom v1.1.1? I was hoping they would release mac compatible software as that's all I have in the house but right now only the Phantom 2 software looks like it's been released

Well, Phantom 2 assistant just got Mac support. This is excellent news. I'm sure the rest of DJI's products will be along soon as they can't really have some things Windows only and others with Mac versions.

Read the post above yours. Or check the dji site. Yes the phantom 2 assistant is available for the Mac.

is your battery charger white or black? if it isn't a phantom 2, then you need to wait for the phantom 1 software in Mac form. I flew my first phantom 1 for months before connecting it to a computer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub