Mac software appears to be coming...

Reaction score
Looks like DJI may be coming out with Mac OS X versions of Phantom software soon. See quote below for an extract from today's announcement from DJI regarding their high-end A2 flight controller. Of course at the moment the corresponding A2 download section still has only Windoze apps, but it often takes DJI up to a day or two to fully rollout new downloads.

Steve

from DJI A2 Flight controller firmware upgrade notice 2013-12-30:

<snip>

Assistant Software

1. Added RC status display.
2. Assistant Software released with support for Mac OS X 10.6(Lion)or above. Assistant software usages on Mac and Windows are exactly the same.

deluge2 said:
Looks like DJI may be coming out with Mac OS X versions of Phantom software soon. See quote below for an extract from today's announcement from DJI regarding their high-end A2 flight controller. Of course at the moment the corresponding A2 download section still has only Windoze apps, but it often takes DJI up to a day or two to fully rollout new downloads.

Steve

from DJI A2 Flight controller firmware upgrade notice 2013-12-30:

<snip>

Assistant Software

1. Added RC status display.
2. Assistant Software released with support for Mac OS X 10.6(Lion)or above. Assistant software usages on Mac and Windows are exactly the same.
Um......Mac OSX 10.6 is Snow Leopard. Lion is 10.7. Looks like DJI's software developers from the Windows team are now writing for the Mac. Wow, now they have 2 OSs to screw up! God help us.....

I just downloaded the Mac version of the assistant. It didn't seem to include the drivers for the RC unit to USB port. Also even tho I registered, it wouldn't let me log in as a registered user...

Ted Neiman said:
I just downloaded the Mac version of the assistant. It didn't seem to include the drivers for the RC unit to USB port. Also even tho I registered, it wouldn't let me log in as a registered user...
Yes, you're correct. You still have to use the Windows software to update the RC; there is no Mac version for that yet. I did not have trouble registering, so I can't help you there. :?

Ted Neiman said:

Make sure you are using the right assistant for your particular Phantom. There are four sections on the web page for the four Phantoms: Phantom, Phantom FC40, Phantom 2 Vision and Phantom 2.

As of this writing, there are no Mac versions of the RC Assistant. You must still use a PC to use the RC Assistant.

I'm sure you've already done so, if not, go to the home page http://www.dji.com, click on the word "Phantom" above the picture and you should go to a page with four distinct paths to the four different Phantoms. http://www.dji.com/phantom-all/. Click on your Phantom to go to a page with links to all the information for your Phantom. Then click on the tutorial and download page, the name seems to vary a little for the four different Phantoms.

Read the release notes for the latest information of that particular Phantom. Using the wrong Assistant will not permit you to log into the software.

Sorry if I'm telling you information you're already familiar with.

So I just want to get this straight. We can use the Mac software for the Phantom 1 but can't update the RC with the software. Correct?

Thanks

santana2000 said:
So I just want to get this straight. We can use the Mac software for the Phantom 1 but can't update the RC with the software. Correct?
Yep, that's the case, though a Mac version of the RC assistant is just a Small Matter of Programming, as we say in the business. Seems like it has to be easier than the Phantom assistant, given the relative complexity.

chrisflyer said:
i cant see the update for phantom 1 for imac anywhere ???

Follow this page to your Phantom:
http://www.dji.com/phantom-all/
Go to the support page and downloads list for your Phantom. If you don't see the version you're looking for, it does not exist.

DJI has not stated when or if Mac versions of all the assistants for all the different Phantoms will be available.

Still waiting for Mac version of the Assistant for the Phantom 1; the version for Phantom 2 works very well. DJI - please make a version!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl