Proper Installation of DJI Assistant on Mac Computers

Reaction score
FIRMWARE UPDATED........, HI everyone. After 2 weeks of trying reading everyone notes, threads and opinion on how to do a Phantom 4 Firmware update using a MAC computer, I was finally able to update the firmware. 2 weeks of trouble shooting the issues came to these "facts" to get it to work:
First of all we own 3 laptos, 2 desk top. Out of 5 Mac computers we own, the only computer that was able to accept the DJI Assistant 2 software was the one with the latest version of Mac OS "Yosemite" and/or "El Capitan", so be aware... If you have a Mac OS with 10.8 / 10.9 or any of those earlier versions, the software will download from the DJI page, it will do the install process but the software itself will NOT open or Work, so therefore you will and must upgrade your OS to 10.10.5 at least...

This is how I was able to get the DJI Assistant 2 software installed in our MAC: (related to Apple computers & products only)

#1: the DJI Assistant software WILL NOT INSTALL on earlier versions of Mac OS such as 10.8 / 10.9.
#2: your Apple computer must have the latest OS which is the "El Capitan" or "Yosemite" 10.10.5
#3 before downloading the software from the DJI page, free the Firewalls and open all gates for the software to download, then install the software & that's the only way to get the DJI Assistant to properly install on any Mac OS computer (Yosemite or El Capitan ONLY) and the remote firmware can update directly from the iPad or OS device you have running / plugged onto the controller.

That's all.... Too Bad the DJI Support team wasn't able to pin-point that from the very beginning. They just kept sending the same steps by step processes on how to download and install the software but yet, they should tell users to UPGRADE THEIR MAC OS BEFORE installing the DJI Assitant. That could had saved me heacaches, bad stressfull nights and weeks of research.

I'm still getting a few here and there issues with the horizon Gimball when taking off after calibrating and I have and continue to have to calibrate the camera for the horizon to stay straight, but I'm still reading and trouble shooting some more. By the end of the year I should be an almost genius on trouble shooting "basic" stuff that should be posted in "basic terms" online for others to read.

30_2x.gif

Hello
I am a "new-bee" to the ddine scene. Just purchased P4.

Re the DJ Assistant Ap: good info as I have a MAC.

Question: can i just load the ap onto my ipad and forget about loading it onto the computer??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Why did you use the Assistant software to update the firmware when using the Go app works a lot easier and takes literally only a few minutes?

I've had my P4 since day one and never used the Assistant software. I update firmware through the GO app.

Why did you use the Assistant software to update the firmware when using the Go app works a lot easier and takes literally only a few minutes?

I've had my P4 since day one and never used the Assistant software. I update firmware through the GO app.
Ditto here. Never used Assistant in the nine months I have had the P4.

Reactions: uavflyr and Kman
I'm only using the assistant to calibrate the visions sensors. Updating the firmware (both bird and bat) I'm doing with the stock dji go app. It's much easier. Although I remember that I have been using the assistant a few months back, and was able to do it successful. However, retrieving the logs through the dji - assistant never worked for me. (latest i-mac with latest os).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20