DJI 4 Go App settings

I've also only been using DJI GO4 since day one for my P4 and have never had an issue.

As other have stated, the app specifically states it's for the P4.

As far as just starting out. The app will allow you to stay in "beginner mode" until you choose not to be anymore. Start out in beginner mode until you get comfortable with take offs, landings, flight, etc. Take it slow and don't panic. Good luck!

I'm always confused as to why some people say to use the older Go app instead.

77bc545b252ef517fb1a6add53552b33.jpg

As I understand things one can use either Go or Go4 with (and only with) a Phantom 4 - ie both apps support P4. Unless I'm corrected, believe this is why some can be confused - as recommendations to use either app are valid opinions.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

As I understand things one can use either Go or Go4 with (and only with) a Phantom 4 - ie both apps support P4. Unless I'm corrected, believe this is why some can be confused - as recommendations to use either app are valid opinions.

Agreed, I hung onto to the older version in case of any issues, there were none so deleted the older version. I have read either on this forum or the dji forum, that the older version will not be updated in the future due to the newer one being less cluttered and less likely to have issues into the future.

Reactions: Loz
I was flying my P4 yesterday and I am still using DJI go & was in mid flight maybe in the air 10 minutes when the RC voice states "low battery" and my screen went blank and took me to my home screen. I just hovered until I could re-open the app. My batteries and RC were fully charged before flight. I brought the P4 home and there was plenty of battery life. Bottom line the app crashed. Do you think it is because I haven't upgraded to Go4. I'm using my Samsung S6 for screen
Try to turn video logging off. I also had problem like this, and it helps me.

Reactions: ICULookin
On my first flight I used DJI Go. Later that day I received some notification (can't remember where now) suggesting Go 4 instead. So I installed Go 4, and have been using it the past several days.

Today I flew for the first time with beginner mode off, and low and behold, Go 4 crashed on me mid flight. Fortunately I had read enough on here that I didn't panic, and the drone was still relatively close, so I could bring it back visually.

I brought it back to within a couple hundred feed and tried running the app again, and it wouldn't see the bird. Ultimately I had to land it and power cycle the drone, the RC, and the app before I could establish a connection again.

I'm seriously considering reverting back to plan DJI Go.

On my first flight I used DJI Go. Later that day I received some notification (can't remember where now) suggesting Go 4 instead. So I installed Go 4, and have been using it the past several days.

Today I flew for the first time with beginner mode off, and low and behold, Go 4 crashed on me mid flight. Fortunately I had read enough on here that I didn't panic, and the drone was still relatively close, so I could bring it back visually.

I brought it back to within a couple hundred feed and tried running the app again, and it wouldn't see the bird. Ultimately I had to land it and power cycle the drone, the RC, and the app before I could establish a connection again.

I'm seriously considering reverting back to plan DJI Go.
See, this is why I haven't switched to Go4 yet. I keep getting the same notification. Ugh....I don't know what to do.

Sent from my SM-G920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

See, this is why I haven't switched to Go4 yet. I keep getting the same notification. Ugh....I don't know what to do.

Sent from my SM-G920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have only used Go 4 with my P4. I have yet to have any issues, knock on wood. I use an iPad Pro 9.7" with mine. I've heard it also depends on what device you're using (Android vs Apple, etc).

Same here, multiple flights, all ok

lol guess I jinxed myself. It wasn't when flying but the app force closed on me several time. I was playing with the video editing feature within the app just for sh*ts and giggles and it force closes whenever I go to edit - create - and click on one of the auto create videos [emoji849]

Well after using Go 4 with my Shield K1 and my P4, I have experienced several inflight self closures of DJI Go 4.0.4. I am thinking of downloading the last version of Go 3. I don't ever remember any self closures with it, just a lot more data link dropouts, but nothing that disrupted my flight.

I know, I know, DJI is in love with Apple so I'm expecting a long wait for the software guys to fix the Android version [emoji53]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94