Dj6 with a phantom 1?

Reaction score
So I bought a phantom 1 off of craigslist. It came with a dj6 remote. I (and the dude I bought it from) have no clue how to bind them. Or if they are even compatible. Any suggestions?

Also looking for a hobby shop/ enthusiast in sw Florida that can maybe help teach me how to fly this thing.

10407127_942721012405309_3313309666260164105_n.jpg
If your Phantom has two antennas wires on two of the landing legs then it uses the DJ6. If your Phantom only has one antenna then you will need a SR6 (for older P1s). With the remote power off, plug the battery in to your Phantom. Then press the button next to the light inside the battery compartment. Then turn on the remote. Sometimes you have to press the button again, sometimes you don't depending on the model. Don't forget to take the props OFF before you do this indoors. Then you can test to see if it starts the motors.

Last edited:
So my button isnt located there.it is more towards the center and back. And I don't think I have 2 antennas. Think I need a different controller? Or a new something else?

Sounds like the person you bought it from had a mismatched remote. Without looking at your Phantom I would guess you need a SR6 remote. Pictures of the bottom of your Phantom where the antenna wires run down the legs would be helpful.

So I've got it broken down right now but that's what is coming out of the bottom. Also I opened my remote and the board said "phantom II 2.4G remote ctrl V5"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 847
I see one compass cable, one auxillary power cable (red and gray) and one antenna. I also noticed that the prop in the picture is the older type so you definately have an early model Phantom 1. Might as well sell the Dj6 on eBay and look for an SR6 to replace it. Good luck, I hope you get it running soon.

Reactions: CKI3
Alternately, and perhaps better, you could just buy the newer receiver for the Phantom 1 (D-Bus type with 2 antenna cables) and swap that out.
They are cheap and easier to find.

What are your recommended websites for buying phantom accessories? And which upgraded receiver would I need?

Not sure about what websites (I get everything from Ebay). You might check out the phantompilots.com advertisers.

You'd just need a P1 D-Bus receiver, 2.4Ghz. The P2 2.4Ghz receiver would also work, but the bind button would be harder to reach.
Don't get a 5.8Ghz receiver. There are a couple versions of the P1 receiver you're looking for (the plugs are either right next to each
other or they are spaced apart a bit). Either one should be fine.

It's also known as Phantom Part 31. Should be under $20.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic