Distinct lack of video quality here!

Reaction score

In the above clip , you'll notice some pretty lousy video quality . The Youtube processing has made it seem worse than on the PC , the vertical bars don't appear as such , but the smeary, pixellating and jerky video persists. VLC on the PC makes the bars appear , too ,but Windows movie player/media player does not , but the other issues remain. Any ideas what the cause may be ? I am rather thinking the camera may be fritzed, but you never know. I bought the bird used , I've never crashed it or anything like that. Good job I have a P2 and a P4 to rely on..........

Just checked it ,there is a number "10" followed by a smudged printed bit of gibberish . It's certainly an el-cheapo card ,so will try a branded new one before panicking and looking for a camera replacement/repair. Just spent an hour or so trying various video resolutions on the PC to try and best match what resolution has been recorded to the card , best results were recorded at 720p , desktop res set to 800x600 . Usually my desktop is 1280x1060 . Will follow up when the card has been changed out. Thanx for the reply ,it's a pity this has occurred, the ship flies and handles great otherwise .

EDIT;
Just had another look at the card with me reading goggles on , there is a "10" in a circle ,"suggesting" it be a class 10 . HMMMMMMM.......bit of licence in that ,methinks. Anyhoo , new card on the menu , so that ought to be beyond doubt. He said , hopefully.

Last edited:
Well......

there ya go ! Duff card, that's a relief! Put a Sandisk UHS-1 in there , and bingo ! Sorted. The existing card looks about as cheap as you can get , with smeary printing ,no brand , definitely has a do-it -yerself kind of look to it. Thanx A.B. , to quote from elsewhere...." I really should have known" !

Nope, took the card out of the camera, and into a card reader as I always do. Not sure if the video and pix are mirrored/sync'd to the tablet , but I've not actively set it to do this, it is'nt necessary for my needs . But all I have to do now is fly the **** thing and see if it really is fixed. Just carried it around by hand a few times and it worked flawlessly with the quality card in it. I reckon it was the dud card all along , super cofident, even!l

Apart from the bars thing the video looks pretty normal for Vision Plus in low light.
When they first came out we were reasonably impressed but the P3s are dramatically better.
It helps to keep movement slow, I sometimes felt 720p was actually better than 1080p as if that was the cameras real resolution but somehow forced to go higher.
You can improve things slightly with more sophisticated software when editing - it still looks a bit rough similar to early gopro.

Yep,

Iget the 720p thing. That is going to be the defacto setting for video , but will give 1080 a fair shake out of curiosity. It was in low light , and I always set any ISO/ASA to 100 , but not sure if that setting carries over into video capture anyway. Need to fly it in brighter weather , but I'm sure it's going to be fine. If I need any better video settings , I have a P4 for that , which has not yet flown . Then again , I have a new , un-flown P2 nearly 3 years old , sitting patiently in it's box , so who knows when any of this kit will fly .Too many distractions , not enough time . Nice enough problem to have , methinks !!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl