Incredibly poor video quality P4A - help wanted!

• Thread starter Deleted member 99081
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 99081

I took my P4A up for a flight today, and took some video for the first time in about a year. I'm usually only taking photos with it. I set the camera to Raw + JPG (usually just Raw) but didn't adjust the movie settings. The photos are fine, but the video quality is extremely poor (it's usually goo).

I would be grateful if anyone would like to have a look at the footage (less than 1 minute) and offer thoughts on what may be causing it, and if it can be fixed.

THIS IS THE LINK

Thanks for any help.

The camera still file type settings have no impact on the video.

You could tell us about your camera settings for video and what you did in post for some comments however even absent that I will say, from looking at the footage, your P4A camera is almost certainly performing as might be expected.

Could be just my eyes but it looks slightly overexposed, otherwise its very clear, i see no obvious issues.

Thanks for the replies. To me, it's certainly over exposed (the stills are not), but there is a lot of "white noise" or similar interference type break up of the image on it, especially noticable in the first 10 seconds. I'm trying to share a dropbox file, but it's still uploading. However, the .MOV file is playing much better than the .mp4 that came out of Lightroom. Perhaps that was the issue? It also looks over-sharpened. I'm much more familiar with stills than video, to be honest.

Strange, but I see it differently. The video looks very bad to me. I'd go along with "extremely poor" as was described in the original post. It looks sort of like the low bitrate video with compression artifacts that you'd expect to see with video cached on a mobile device. To me it's not the pristine video you'd expect from the SD card. I see lots of blurring which seems like basis pattern issues or maybe blocking. It's hard to watch.

OK, so this is the .MOV file straight off the SD card and uploaded via Filezilla. http://gallery.adareimages.com/movie1.MOV

To me, it looks perfect and nothing like the first one. I didn't do anything to it in Lightroom, just imported it and exported it, as I brought it in with the Raw stills images. I'm not really sure how to handle movie files, especially if I want to send them on to others; this file is 1 minute long and over 430MB. Any advice on how to re-name / save and share them is welcome.

OK, so this is the .MOV file straight off the SD card and uploaded via Filezilla. http://gallery.adareimages.com/movie1.MOV

To me, it looks perfect and nothing like the first one. I did do anything to it in Lightroom, just imported it and exported it, as I brought it in with the Raw stills images. I'm not really sure how to handle movie files, especially if I want to send them on to others; this file is 1 minute long and over 430MB. Any advice on how to re-name / save and share them is welcome.
The second example is 439MB which I don't plan to download. The first example is 36MB, so it seems the first one is very highly compressed and it sure looks as such.

The second example is 439MB which I don't plan to download. The first example is 36MB, so it seems the first one is very highly compressed and it sure looks as such.

You don't need to download it, you can play it online from the link, if you'd like to compare to the first one. I'm just not clear why one is 36MB and one is 436MB? Are there 2 files. The first one looked that bad in Lightroom when it was imported. I'm confused.

I had exacly the same with my P4A. I requested beta Firmware to be available via DJI assistant. You can ask an administrator via the official DJI forum. Also you get the Pano option in the camera settings as a bonus. The most important is that my videos were cristal clear.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31