Distance Won't Go Over 400-700ft

Reaction score
My phantom 3 will fly around 500-700ft away before complete signal loss and returns home. The firmware is on the latest and no modifications to the controller or drone. Any help?

Is this the standard addition? If its using wifi, then turn airplane mode on the phone and make sure your in an open area like a field

Reactions: epicdoom
try logging out of the app and then back in open app click the me tab in the bottom right corner your account will open up showing your name look for the little gear in the top right corner click it look down the page for the red writing that says sign out click it sign out then sign back in and see if that helps out with your issue

Reactions: Neon Euc
Always look at ur signal meter when turning everything on if u see no signal showing on both meters u need to hook up wifi i usally have to type pass word in. I got a wind surfer and went to 3166 ft , stopped because i didn't know how far radio towers were away.Since then have put the argtek ant mod on 2 nd controller have gone out 2500 ft. i have done limited testing due to winter coming on, but they out perform the windsurfer when put on correctly.

Last edited:
The wifi is for video transmission correct? And, the RC signal loss is what would tell it to RTH? Or am I wrong on this?

Is this the standard addition? If its using wifi, then turn airplane mode on the phone and make sure your in an open area like a field

I was just wondering about using airplane mode also. I am also having signal loss problems for no apparent reason. So using airplane mode won' affect the WiFi signal from remote to drone?

try logging out of the app and then back in open app click the me tab in the bottom right corner your account will open up showing your name look for the little gear in the top right corner click it look down the page for the red writing that says sign out click it sign out then sign back in and see if that helps out with your issue
Always look at ur signal meter when turning everything on if u see no signal showing on both meters u need to hook up wifi i usally have to type pass word in. I got a wind surfer and went to 3166 ft , stopped because i didn't know how far radio towers were away.Since then have put the argtek ant mod on 2 nd controller have gone out 2500 ft. i have done limited testing due to winter coming on, but they out perform the windsurfer when put on correctly.
Is Wind surfer a brand of range extender? Keep seeing posts about wind surfer but don' know what it is.

The windsurfer is a deflector which bounces the signal forward. It turns an omni antenna into a directional antenna. Windsurfer got its name because when placed on a stick antenna it looks like a windsurfer. The P3S has two patch antennas hidden inside the controller facing forward. Those are for the FPV/telemetery wifi signal. The stick antenna is for the control signal. So obviously the windsurfer will help the control signal but will do nothing for FPV.

Okay. I ordered some cheap little range extender from Amazon for my p3s. Don' know the brand but it only cost like 9 bucks lol. Anyway, believe it or not I did get extra range. It actually flew untill I could hardly see it which I don' like to do but I had to know. I didnt get the dreaded lost signal. still doesn't explain why the problem showed up the way it did in the first place. I read somewhere that calibrating the IMU might help with Signal loss also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.