P4 Firmware Distance restrictions

Reaction score
After the latest firmware update on my P4P dji go app, I now have a major distance restrictions. to what I understand this is due to DJI efforts in controlling your drones abilities in what you can and cannot do within certain areas..

I live in a large city and I go outside of the city limits to fly and these restrictions still effect me.

Anyone know how to override this nonsense or is there an alternitive app that is safe to use that doesn't carry these restrictions.

I am starting to regret this expensive purchase:rage::rage:

( my controller settings are all set to the max distance)

Under mc settings turn off max distance. When this is turned on you are limited to whatever you set the maximum distance at. When you turn this setting off you are no longer limited to distance. Also if this is the go app that you must log in to DJI then you will have to do that too. I don't have a P4 so anybody on here can correct me if I'm wrong.

I didn't realize that I was not logged in. I assumed that I was. That is probably the solution, if not I will let you know!

Thank you!

how does that work when your NOT in a "service" area? I fly in rural Australia and presume firmware upgrade are not location specific.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20