Disconnects after firmware update?

Reaction score
I updated and now am experiencing disconnects (never have had the problem before)

Apparently a few others have noticed this as well.

Anyone else noticing this?

Upgraded firmware on phantom and controller no issues... Was checking my settings on the app... And disconnected.... Restarted everything.... Went back to checking settings... Disconnected... Went outside to test a flight... Disconnected... But not as fast as the other two.

Nobody else running into this issue? This morning I did an IMU calibration, a compass calibration, cleared the video cache (which was listed as a possible fix in another thread), changed to a different lightning wire.

I did a very short test flight this morning and didn't see the issue - but it generally has happened after several minutes.

I never had this issue before the update last night...

Haven't had a chance to fly yet under the new firmware, but during my last flight on Sunday, I had a lot of problems with disconnects, and had never had them previously. It basically lost app connectivity, reconnected, and immediately disconnected, and then repeated over and over again...probably a dozen times before I was able to land. Closed the app and restarted and flew another 10 minutes or so with no issues.

Haven't had a chance to fly yet under the new firmware, but during my last flight on Sunday, I had a lot of problems with disconnects, and had never had them previously. It basically lost app connectivity, reconnected, and immediately disconnected, and then repeated over and over again...probably a dozen times before I was able to land. Closed the app and restarted and flew another 10 minutes or so with no issues.

Thanks that helps - I guess people have been seeing it previous to the firmware update - just really coincidental that I got it right after I updated. I think I'll do a complete phone shutdown (including closing any apps) before each flight and see if that helps. I really hope it was just a weird anomaly because this kind of thing can certainly make you lose confidence. I'm taking the Phantom with me on a trip where I really intend to get some great shots and would hate to struggle with this all day long.

Yeah, it was very alarming when it happened to me as I've had my P3 for about a month, flown on both Android and IOS devices and never had the app disconnect, despite the fact that I had seen others report the issue. I just figured it was something unique to them...and was wrong.

I have to imagine that secondary apps running in the background may have an impact on the stability of Pilot...don't know for sure as I've only had it happen once so far. I did notice that I had several other applications open in the background at the time of my disconnects though. Time to add clearing out the open apps to the old pre-flight checklist. :-/

No problems here on the old firmware or the new.
Have only had one (16min) flight since updating today but all was smooth.
Still not done an IMU calibration (ever) but I do a compass calibration before each flight. I also make sure there are no other apps running (iPad Air)

I just got off a chat with technical support and they suggest (when it happens) shutting down the app completely and unplugging and plugging back in the controller. I asked them if having my cellular or wifi on would have any effect, and he said "no"... I'm not sooo concerned about losing FPV because I am used to flying without it. But, for the stuff I want to shoot, it will be annoying if I keep losing it because it will make getting good shots harder....

I just got off a chat with technical support and they suggest (when it happens) shutting down the app completely and unplugging and plugging back in the controller. I asked them if having my cellular or wifi on would have any effect, and he said "no"... I'm not sooo concerned about losing FPV because I am used to flying without it. But, for the stuff I want to shoot, it will be annoying if I keep losing it because it will make getting good shots harder....

Just my two cents and if I'm wrong I apologize, but it has been my experience that DJI tech support is no more accurate in their advice than the IRS. I never fly without shutting down all background apps AND switching to AIRPLANE mode. Even though light bridge does not use wi-fi, it does use system resources. If a phone call comes in over cellular or a text or email comes in over wi-fi or cellular it diverts system resources, even if just momentarily. Why take the chance.
Disclaimer: I have updated to 1.2.6 but have not had any opportunity to fly since. On 1.1.9, I never had any Pilot app disconnects on my iPhone 6.

I flew yesterday with no issues... so who knows? Definitely wish I didn't experience the issue because it drops my confidence a bit... but - I can live with it if it's only occasionally

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic