Reaction score
So, I'm out in the field today with my P4 and DJI Go v3.0 (this week's update) and I'm setting my RTH altitude--at least I'm attempting to.

I could not set any altitude (RTH, max alt, etc). I fought with this for 30 minutes--killing/restarting the Go app, rebooting my iPad Air 2, turning everything, including the P4, off and back on. I could not set any of the numeric configuration settings because there was no way to hit the "Enter" key or "Done" key.

I was mentally blaming the new v3.0 app until I finally figured it out. I also use the Google keyboard on my iPad. It's called "Gboard". It's one of those swipe-to-type keyboards. It also has a numeric keypad. It's smart enough to know when only numeric input is allowed and displays said numeric keypad. Well, it's too smart! This keyboard has no "Done" key as the default iOS keyboard, nor does it have an "Enter" key.

So, I could type any numeric value for the RTH altitude, but there was no way to save or commit it. If I left that settings tab or closed the whole settings panel, I would come back and it would contain the original value (not what I wanted).

So, the resolution was to go to another app that has text input and choose the iOS keyboard.

Check out the screenshots of both keyboards below...

The Google GBoard:
cM88503.png

The default iOS keyboard:
UArFlk6.png

So, I'm out in the field today with my P4 and DJI Go v3.0 (this week's update) and I'm setting my RTH altitude--at least I'm attempting to.

I could not set any altitude (RTH, max alt, etc). I fought with this for 30 minutes--killing/restarting the Go app, rebooting my iPad Air 2, turning everything, including the P4, off and back on. I could not set any of the numeric configuration settings because there was no way to hit the "Enter" key or "Done" key.

I was mentally blaming the new v3.0 app until I finally figured it out. I also use the Google keyboard on my iPad. It's called "Gboard". It's one of those swipe-to-type keyboards. It also has a numeric keypad. It's smart enough to know when only numeric input is allowed and displays said numeric keypad. Well, it's too smart! This keyboard has no "Done" key as the default iOS keyboard, nor does it have an "Enter" key.

So, I could type any numeric value for the RTH altitude, but there was no way to save or commit it. If I left that settings tab or closed the whole settings panel, I would come back and it would contain the original value (not what I wanted).

So, the resolution was to go to another app that has text input and choose the iOS keyboard.

The Google GBoard:
cM88503.png

UArFlk6.png
Forgive my ignorance, I also cannot find an enter/save button. You said you used another app with keyboard, which app? I have a windows based system, do you mean on the DJI Go app?
Cheers in advance...

He said he used an apple device to set the rth altitude. It saves it to the bird not the app so when you open the app on another device the value will remain what you set it to on the other devise. Seems like there is a way to select another default keyboard in the android settings.

The Google GBoard:
cM88503.png

UArFlk6.png
Thank you! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers