Discharge battery to 0%

Reaction score
Hi
do i can Discharge battery to 0% , i mean if i did that it's not healthy for the battery ???
thanks

You cannot discharge it to 0% by flying your Phantom. The battery will not allow it -- and, your Phantom will shut off before that point.

You cannot discharge it to 0% by flying your Phantom. The battery will not allow it -- and, your Phantom will shut off before that point.
No i mean Discharge battery to 0% but not flying just keep it power on
my problem i have 3 batteries all my battery gave me fly and capture video just 15m
it's supposed to give 20-25M ... Discharge battery to 8% but still the same

15-18 minutes is pretty standard. You should be able to get 20 minutes if you:

- Fly inside
- Lift off and just let the Phantom hover in place entire time
- Don't take photos or video

That's certainly no fun though. So, get out there and have fun in that 15 minutes :)

15-18 minutes is pretty standard. You should be able to get 20 minutes if you:

- Fly inside
- Lift off and just let the Phantom hover in place entire time
- Don't take photos or video

That's certainly no fun though. So, get out there and have fun in that 15 minutes :)

ok ... so any problem if i Discharge the battery to 0% but not flying just keep it power on ????

Just do as DJI recommends:
"Discharge the battery until there is less than 8% power or until it can no longer be turned on"

Never discharge a lipo battery to 0% or it will ruin it. Stay at 8% or above. Also on the other end don't store it at 100% for more that a few days to extend its life.

Reactions: khamees1975
Never discharge a lipo battery to 0% or it will ruin it
It's not possible to discharge a DJI smart battery to 0% by running it until it shuts off.

Reactions: khamees1975
No but some may have dischargers or use light bulbs to bring it down. The key is either way don't drop it to 0 voltages.

or use light bulbs
Light bulbs should be perfectly safe to use. The battery will auto shut off before it discharges to an unsafe level.

The phantom V2+ that I have shuts down the motors at 14%. I have one battery that went from 14% to 0%. Yet checking the battery with the lights, it showed 1 light, so not fully discharged. I haven't been able to get any of my batteries below 14%.

You don't want to drain a lipo below 14% if it shuts off there or you may damage it and not be able to get it to charge back up. The very lowest you should discharge is 8% or until it automatically shuts off. In your case 14%.

The phantom V2+ that I have shuts down the motors at 14%.
That's working as designed. You can turn your Phantom on (with the motors off) and let it run until it shuts itself off. Make sure you do this in a cool location and/or point a fan at your Phantom to help keep it cool as it's running.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures