Disappointing DJI Black Friday sale...

Reaction score
From all the scuttlebutt that I have been hearing, I thought DJI was going to drop the prices on their Phantom 3 line for the holidays. Well, that doesnt seem to be the case. I just got a Black Friday sale email from DJI, and their prices are still at the level they have been for months. Maybe Black Friday means something different in China.

P4 $999
P3P $799
P3S $399
P4P $1499

DJI Black Friday 2016, Special offers on Phantom 4, Phantom 3 Series and accessories

Last edited:
P3S 399 is a decent deal. I wouldn't call the P3 line obsolete yet, The phantom 1 and 2 is obsolete.

Even then the P1 and P2 hang right in there with a lot of other Knock off quads.

DJI doesn't usually sell the P4 and P3s at such a low price. Perhaps you're comparing their sale prices to other sellers?

P3S 399 is a decent deal. I wouldn't call the P3 line obsolete yet, The phantom 1 and 2 is obsolete

I thought they would be more like $329 by now... I didnt mean obsolete, I meant obsolescent meaning they are on their way out of being produced having been replaced by more modern models such as the P4, Mav, and P4P.

I'm really bummed as I just ordered a P3S with no controller or charger thru DJI for $409. and didn't know they planned a Black Friday Sale. I paid more just for the Bird than they're selling complete packages now. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can get them to sweeten the $409. purchase either with DJI dollars or ship me a controller? I know I could refuse the bird in transit, pay for the return shipping and order the $399. package but I won't, it gets here Friday and I need to fly.

You could contact DJI support and ask them to refund you the difference. I don't think they will, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I'm really bummed as I just ordered a P3S with no controller or charger thru DJI for $409. and didn't know they planned a Black Friday Sale. I paid more just for the Bird than they're selling complete packages now. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can get them to sweeten the $409. purchase either with DJI dollars or ship me a controller? I know I could refuse the bird in transit, pay for the return shipping and order the $399. package but I won't, it gets here Friday and I need to fly.
return it , and get the standard from walmart
standard.JPG

You could contact DJI support and ask them to refund you the difference. I don't think they will, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Thank you for the suggestion, unfortunately chat support claimed to understand but were "powerless" to change anything. They suggested I send an email which I'd already done and did again. Not even the courtesy to reply. To completely ignore a new paying customer is in my opinion, arrogant, rude and not a great business tactic. Walmart was a great suggestion also, unfortunately it was in store only and the Kailua-Kona store sold out quickly or so I heard. Oh well, at least I'll be flying in a few short hours when DHL drops her off. Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj