Directional Issues

Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

I have begun to experience some problems with the aircraft not responding correctly to joystick inputs. Many times when I push forward on the right joystick the aircraft will move not only forward but to the left or right sometimes more than it moves forward. If I release the joystick it will return to neutral and then it will go straight when I push the joystick forward or backward. I have been experiencing it more recently so this weekend before I flew I performed a joystick/controller calibration and compass calibration. The same issue continued. I have performed numerous calibrations on the controller and aircraft but still have the same issue. I know a new firmware will be coming out tomorrow so maybe that will help some of this issue. Any recommendations from the field would be helpful.

I have 97 flights, 14.5 hours, and covered more than 548,000 feet. So I am not new to this, just for those who might think I am pushing the wrong joysticks the wrong way.

Thanks,
Jeff

I had faced similar issues yesterday but I was flying in heavy windy area so didn't care much for it. I will fly again in calm surroundings to check if all is well.

Last edited:
May be time to check calibrations of the IMU and RC as well as compass. Sometime they just need a refresh to level things out. Remember it just electronics and like a computer. Little TLC help sometimes.

All new to me......Only flown in benign Summer/Autumn weather until recently. Enjoying Winter flying though, but it's definitely more of a challenge to bring it in in the wind. Even in p mode.

May be time to check calibrations of the IMU and RC as well as compass. Sometime they just need a refresh to level things out. Remember it just electronics and like a computer. Little TLC help sometimes.

Those have been completed too, several times over the past few months.

The wind where I have been flying has been off and on but yesterday was pretty calm so I figured it wasn't the wind.

This issue is reported to be addressed in the new firmware due tomorrow. In calm winds you won't notice it and all will be well. However in windy conditions, even moderate, you'll see a very skewed forward and reverse flight line. I have it too. I really hope it gets fixed.

This has been an issue for a while now both on the P3 and the Inspire. It's truly annoying. We've been promised a fix.

This issue is reported to be addressed in the new firmware due tomorrow. In calm winds you won't notice it and all will be well. However in windy conditions, even moderate, you'll see a very skewed forward and reverse flight line. I have it too. I really hope it gets fixed.

This is true to me too. Did you get yours fixed yet? Maybe the phantom 3 is having delayed compensation to outside winds and causing it to stray right or left. I don't have this problem with my P2.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj