Different "motors won't start" issue

Reaction score
Thanks in advance for any advice. Checked other posts but they have issues that I do not have, like cold or rebooting. PROBLEM: Motors will not start. CONDITIONS: 65 degrees, dry, Battery full, very recent flight-- no issues, same launch location for past 9 months. Connection established between controller and P4P as shown by being able to control camera, video link normal. Normal Nav light display. Unrestricted airspace. No warning or error messages. Just updated software. DESCRIPTION OF EVENTS: Normal pre-flight, battery secure, props secure, etc. Normal boot up, GPS mode--All green-ready to go. Tried to start motors--will not start. Twice reboot controller and drone and remove battery. Still will not start. After many attempt and wiggling sticks around, engines start. Turn off engines normally. Try to start again and again after 3 minutes of playing with control sticks, engines start at normal start controller stick positions. I hover bird, rotate around different flight axes, all is normal. Land and turn off engines normally. Try again to start engines--no go. Remove props and try again--no go. Let drone sit for an hour. Try again. After several attempts, engines start. They start 5 times in a row. Then will not start. Then finally again start for 6 times in a row. I am pleased, then they again fail to start on the 7th attempt. Maybe a control stick contact issue? I know the left stick works in the cut off/start position because it will stop the motors. Not sure about the right stick in the 5 O'clock position.
Any advice would be most appreciated. I can't tell if the issue is the controller, the drone, or something else. Anyone had this issue?

Thanks in advance for any advice. Checked other posts but they have issues that I do not have, like cold or rebooting. PROBLEM: Motors will not start. CONDITIONS: 65 degrees, dry, Battery full, very recent flight-- no issues, same launch location for past 9 months. Connection established between controller and P4P as shown by being able to control camera, video link normal. Normal Nav light display. Unrestricted airspace. No warning or error messages. Just updated software. DESCRIPTION OF EVENTS: Normal pre-flight, battery secure, props secure, etc. Normal boot up, GPS mode--All green-ready to go. Tried to start motors--will not start. Twice reboot controller and drone and remove battery. Still will not start. After many attempt and wiggling sticks around, engines start. Turn off engines normally. Try to start again and again after 3 minutes of playing with control sticks, engines start at normal start controller stick positions. I hover bird, rotate around different flight axes, all is normal. Land and turn off engines normally. Try again to start engines--no go. Remove props and try again--no go. Let drone sit for an hour. Try again. After several attempts, engines start. They start 5 times in a row. Then will not start. Then finally again start for 6 times in a row. I am pleased, then they again fail to start on the 7th attempt. Maybe a control stick contact issue? I know the left stick works in the cut off/start position because it will stop the motors. Not sure about the right stick in the 5 O'clock position.
Any advice would be most appreciated. I can't tell if the issue is the controller, the drone, or something else. Anyone had this issue?
If it were mine, I would do an RC calibration and also check to see if one or both sticks are breaking off of their internal mounts. Sadly, that is not a rare occurrence.

Reactions: JoBe and 3rdof5
Stick calibration would be first on my list also.
Another thought would be what changed besides the update?
Storing controller in a different spot from what you used to do?
Was there a particular reason for the update?
The update was only minor fly zone update that did not effect my location. And that was done after the problem started. No other changes at all, at least that I MADE. Will check calibration. After more experimentation I am thinking that it might be the right control stick not making contact in that 5 o'clock start position. Thank you..

If it were mine, I would do an RC calibration and also check to see if one or both sticks are breaking off of their internal mounts. Sadly, that is not a rare occurrence.
Can you give more information about sticks breaking off their internal mounts. How would you check that? Thanks.

Can you give more information about sticks breaking off their internal mounts. How would you check that? Thanks.
do they feel loose? the screws inside break off so the sticks wobble also the rth button breaks alot. there are posts in search of the inside of the rc and ways that peeps have fixed it with glue

edit - sorry didnt see that oso and starz alredi gave the right answer. they do that alot. well maybe someone else will read this and help them. ;)

do they feel loose? the screws inside break off so the sticks wobble also the rth button breaks alot. there are posts in search of the inside of the rc and ways that peeps have fixed it with glue

edit - sorry didnt see that oso and starz alredi gave the right answer. they do that alot. well maybe someone else will read this and help them. ;)
Thanks--all fixed now.

Reactions: JoBe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers