Differences between W323A and W323B

Reaction score
Wondering what the differences in the two models are. And wondering if there's a difference in the gps receiver. Mostly because I added the reinforcement plates for the motors and I noticed I had no satellites when I picked it on to test and make sure I didn't damage motors again. Now currently I'm guessing that the gps hadn't had time to warm up do it isn't a big deal but I also noticed when I replaced the shell (old shell had been wrecked new shell came with gps didn't switch them) the newer model good didn't really want to plug in easily like the old one did. The plugs are the same but this is all just making me wonder and I want to be at 100% before I go out flying.

I read that thread but nothing about the gps was addressed. And some is a bit confusing really. Looks like the B got a better shell for the latest iteration but got a reduction in power output from the controller. But those seem to be the only real differences other than frequency use. So then the gps is the same and I should have no issue?

wondering if there's a difference in the gps receiver....I noticed I had no satellites when I picked it [up] to test..
It's normal to lose satellites when you pick up your P3 from the top and your hand blocks the GPS signal.

It's normal to lose satellites when you pick up your P3 from the top and your hand blocks the GPS signal.
hopefully everyone knows this so i think he wasnty asking about losing gps when you pick up your drone. i think he wants to know about if the gps board itself is the same. as far as i know the gps board has not been changed even when the shell changed to help with cracks.

Yeah I wasn't picking it up I think my phone auto corrected. Basically I got a W323A that was wrecked butt operational. I purchased a used shell that was undamaged and it had the gps unit still in the top so I didn't swap that. I didn't notice the new shell's gps plug was less cooperative than the old shell's gps plug when I tried reconnecting. Today I received my motor mount reinforcements and installed them. I turned my bird on to ensure I hadn't damaged a motor again. I got the error that my GPS was disabled. Turned it off and took it outside and it didn't appear to be seeing any satellites but I'm thinking I may not have had it on long enough. So I was asking if there was a difference between because of the plug issue and the lack of satellites. I'll take it out again and see what happens if I leave it on longer but it feels like I'm already leaving it on a long time as is with no GPS showing up.

Ok well I went ahead and popped the bird apart and the discovery is actually interesting. It would appear the gps units are actually different in some way. The"new" gps showed no registered satellites and the satellite icon was grey. I'm finishing up putting the old one in now but I took a pic at least of the antenna side of the board. There are a few differences. The nice pretty one is the "new" one.
1527276812460.jpg

1527276868509.jpg
1527276871769.jpg

All right, final verdict to anyone paying attention to this thread, I don't know 100% if there is a difference between the units but the old one plugged in nice and easy while the new one took some force, the new one basically acted like no GPS was attached the old one picked up 18 carries within a minute of starting the bird. The shell I bought was supposedly a factory refurb that was being parted out so I cannot attest to the functionality of the "new" gps board and I don't have a W323B to test it with. So take the findings with a grain of salt.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl