Difference between Vision and Vision Plus?

Reaction score
Ok, This doesn't seem like something that's too common, so I'm turning to you for advice and guidance.
I crashed my Phantom aircraft within a week of hooking up that cheap chinese gimbal(unrelated- motor ceased), and super smart dumb guy I am attempted to solder the broken super cheap wires back onto the aux connection to the camera. Long story short- shorted out the camera and disabled the ability to connect to GPS satellites. First step in this rebuild I won a Vision Plus camera on eBay, but when I got it I didn't realize how much more I needed to invest into before I can get my Phantom airborn again!
I need your help to know if I'm on the right track. Ok, I already also invested into the wifi module and cable pack to connect the gimbal to the naza control (part9). What do you bet will happen when I power it back on? Will it work, or will I need something else?

Cheers gents, and here's to luck being on my side!

Last edited:
All I'm looking for is pictures of how the wires are connected to the naza-m controller module and how the other wires are ran throughout the craft.

I've Googled before, and I often find my answer, except in this case. I know I can't find the exact wiring schematics, and the description of the equipment required in the Phantom 2 vision plus is difficult to find.

Last edited:
I think I have all of the necessary knowledge I need aside from the wiring schematics, but I thought of you guys that you would be able to lend me a helping hand, since I can't find any videos of someone converting between the two versions of the Phantom 2.

Last edited:
I think I have all of the necessary knowledge I need aside from the wiring schematics, but I thought of you guys that you would be able to lend me a helping hand, since I can't find any videos of someone converting between the two versions of the Phantom 2.

did you click on the "google" link.

the trick with google is correct key words. that link has dozens of pictures of all kinds of phantom wiring.

doubt you will find video showing conversion as if you have a non vision its 2.4 MHz for RC and vision is 5.8 mhz.

also vision plus wifi is in quad and vision wifi is in camera pod.
I cant help but think you would do better cost wise to just sell what you have and get a used vision plus , seen them as low as 500.

did you click on the "google" link.

the trick with google is correct key words. that link has dozens of pictures of all kinds of phantom wiring.

doubt you will find video showing conversion as if you have a non vision its 2.4 MHz for RC and vision is 5.8 mhz.

also vision plus wifi is in quad and vision wifi is in camera pod.
I cant help but think you would do better cost wise to just sell what you have and get a used vision plus , seen them as low as 500.
Sorry, mate! When I clicked the link before, it just went to the Google homepage. Must've been a glitch. I appreciate the help, and I agree with you that it's not a cost effective approach, but by the time I learned the expense, I already bought a camera. I'm pressing forward and am receiving the wire harness and wifi module today.
My craft was the vision, so all the frequencies will be correct, but I don't know if it will work once I have it all back together, since I don't know exactly what I shorted out originally. (after this I'll be getting the naza controller if it still doesn't work)

I'll keep you posted, and I would appreciate further assistance!

Sorry, mate! When I clicked the link before, it just went to the Google homepage. Must've been a glitch. I appreciate the help, and I agree with you that it's not a cost effective approach, but by the time I learned the expense, I already bought a camera. I'm pressing forward and am receiving the wire harness and wifi module today.
My craft was the vision, so all the frequencies will be correct, but I don't know if it will work once I have it all back together, since I don't know exactly what I shorted out originally. (after this I'll be getting the naza controller if it still doesn't work)

I'll keep you posted, and I would appreciate further assistance!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

dji phantom 2 wiring diagram

dji phantom 2 wiring diagram - Google Search

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31