Did my Phantom 4 Pro Suddenly Brick During Flight?

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm new, and I'm screwed. I was flying my work's P4Pro yesterday on Sport Mode, and it suddenly lost all connection. I'm new to flying, but I've flown enough to have noticed that this was different: usually when I lose signal, it goes in and out and is usually corrected within a matter of feet/yards. This went from full connection to completely dead instantly. The flight log SEEMS to corroborate this, because all of the indicators seem to have been green, according to HealthyDrones.com. It recorded the flight path up to where I lost signal, roughly 30-50 yards from where the drone was found completely snapped and shattered at the foot of a tree far shorter than the RTH alt of 30m. My understanding is that it must have spontaneously bricked going 30mph, at an altitude of 160ft.
My hope is that you guys can review the info I have, and tell me if this can be laid at DJI's feet and if I may be able to push for them to replace a faulty product. I didn't get the 48-hour care, and I'm kicking myself for it. This drone is only like a week old though, and was in excellent condition when I took off.

I'm new to flying, I'm new to this job, which is horrifying, considering that this $1,400 drone was obliterated with me at the controls, and I'm obviously new to this forum. I'm not even sure this is where I should be posting (my apologies if it isn't).
I've attached both the flight log and the .dat file from my phone. Currently trying to get a larger .dat file off of the mangled drone.

Attachments

• FLY019.DAT
    2.5 MB · Views: 414
  • DJIFlightRecord_2017-01-24_[17-23-27].txt
    207.8 KB · Views: 255
Yes, thanks for the phantomhelp link.

Can you get the DAT file from the craft? The DAT you put in your original post is not from the craft.

Here is how to get the DAT from the craft. Upload it to dropbox then provide the link. How to retrieve a .DAT

I tried to access the DAT file from the aircraft itself, but I didn't have/couldn't get "write" permissions on that directory, and couldn't upload, copy, or otherwise bring the file to the conversation. I was able to apparently access it through the "DJI assistant" software, but whether due to a lack of understanding on my part, or a malfunction on the software's, I was unable to see any sort of information except a few lines of text that did/showed nothing when I clicked on them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20