Did I just ruin my upgrade board?

Reaction score
I was working on soldering the battery leads into the board (this was the last thing I had to do of course) and after making the GND connection, I was working on getting the positive side in place and accidently popped the ground off the board. It pulled the wire and solder completely off. Just looked like a flat gray pad there.... Took me a sec to get solder to stick to the pad again but I got it to take and redid the connection. Everything powers up, and I juggled the GND wire with no change, just concerned I may have messed it up and affected the reliability of the connection. [POUTING FACE]

Thoughts?

Re: Did I just ruin my upgrade board?

Maybe shoot us a picture. At this point if you have continuity and it wont fall off or anything I would think you are ok. Now if you crossed or shorted anything different story.

Now solder will only stick to metal and if you need to take a file a really clean where you are going to solder. You need to make the metal on the board shiny and bright, tin up everything and it should stick fine.

Re: Did I just ruin my upgrade board?

Yeah what WD said, a pic would be great to show whether you have a good clean solder joint or what they call a cold solder joint (one that is not flowed correctly and easy to break).

I'm getting ready to install my upgrade board and your post freaked me out at first when I saw the title. :mrgreen:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4