Did a search "pause in recording movie"....

Reaction score
But didn't find anything as it pertains to problem I have. Thought my settings were ok. Video is rolling and then everything "freezes" for 1-3 seconds. Wind? Faulty signal? Camera problem?

Thoughts......

Are you referring to the video feed back to the phone/tablet or the video recorded on the SD card ?

Which model of Phantom are you using?

Reactions: drifter106
Are you referring to the video feed back to the phone/tablet or the video recorded on the SD card ?

Which model of Phantom are you using?

My bad...DJI Phantom 4 pro 2

Looks good on my tablet, but when I loaded the SD card to my computer and watched the movie it would freeze for about 1-3 minutes. The time clock was running while the video was running. Video would just pause and then move on to next set of frames then pause again.

Since I am knew to this so of the stoppage is operator error...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I am beginning to think that this is nothing but operator error....will take it out a ways and then make sure it records on the way home. Better yet put it through some preset trials and record the automatic flight patterns.

Last edited:
I am beginning to think that this is nothing but operator error....

Hi Drifter, likely nothing you did wrong.
I didn't watch your whole video but if you search for video freezing on playback, there are tons of info.
If your shooting in 4k , it, likely your computer isn't up to speed with the datarate of the 4k video.
You try downsampling the video to HD and see how it plays.

I am inclined to agree with @jack1144 in regards to your computer’s ability to play 4K video. Another possible issue is the speed of your SD card. You want a card that has a U3 rating to record 4K video smoothly.
F19C90C5-D50E-44D3-9AED-AACB3790E838.jpeg
0BBD6563-A83E-4296-8DFA-FDA234C5A0B8.jpeg

I am inclined to agree with @jack1144 in regards to your computer’s ability to play 4K video. Another possible issue is the speed of your SD card. You want a card that has a U3 rating to record 4K video smoothly.
View attachment 121187View attachment 121188

Hello,

I have a sand disk like the one who have posted above. 128 gb.... Will do various testing to try and identify the situation. Computer is apple, built in 2011. Has 20 gb of ram...just put a new hard drive in it. Will do the scaling down to 1080p first....I must remember, relatively new at this and chances are it was the operator flying the copter (me) that is causing the problem. Its like trying to ride a bicycle again. LOL

appreciate all the help...these things are amazing.

But didn't find anything as it pertains to problem I have. Thought my settings were ok. Video is rolling and then everything "freezes" for 1-3 seconds. Wind? Faulty signal? Camera problem?

Thoughts......
Most times we’ve seen similar posts, it has ended up being the poster’s computer being too underpowered to smoothly play 4K video. I agree with the others here and in the related threads who have noted the same. That is the first place to look.

Went out today....changed settings to 1080p at 60 frames. Clip was night and day difference.

really appreciate the help you guys put in to help people. I know it appears as "old hat" for you guys but for some of us.....just overwhelming.
https://youtu.be/u_zRLNUIqYs
Well that's cool, it isn't you and you've sorta diagnosed the issue.
Amongst other choices, you can now either get the computer up to speed or you could just shoot in HD BUT another option, especially if your editing your footage, is to shoot in 4k and create proxy files, do your editing then render the video for what ever you need for delivery media.
So by doing it this last way, you can render an HD media for now and render a 4k media for when you update your system or if your playing on a 4k compatible TV, etc.
Once you shoot in HD, there is no improving it to 4k level.
Anyway, good to hear drifter

Reactions: Oso
Went out today....changed settings to 1080p at 60 frames. Clip was night and day difference.

really appreciate the help you guys put in to help people. I know it appears as "old hat" for you guys but for some of us.....just overwhelming.
https://youtu.be/u_zRLNUIqYs
To help get over the whole flight nervousness, start video on camera, lift off and hover at about 20 feet. Move forward, back, left, right, yaw left and right making sure the drone reacts properly to your controls.

Then fly a simple box pattern at a height that you won’t run into obstacles. Next fly a box pattern using yaw to turn 90 degrees at the corners. Then try flying figure eights combining yaw and pitch. Remember to stop the video when you land.

This is just to get past the climb and yaw and land flights. It builds confidence in controlling the aircraft and you will learn to fly smoothly by watching the video when done flying.

Be a bird and learn to enjoy the flight and then start learning to add video. Have fun with it!

Good idea DoomMeister....there is a bit of nervousness associated with the newness of this undertaking. Will head your advice and move forward. Hope that I never lose the excitement that these things offer. Only one direction....get better! lol

The good thing is you have a great area to learn in if your video is where you will be flying a lot. It is wide open with great visibility. Just flying for the fun of flying is great.

When I first got my Hex copter there was an issue with the camera and it was gone for a month to be repaired. Since I couldn’t take video, I spent three days a week flying without a camera and learning to fly for the pleasure of just flying. Also, not having a camera forced me to learn positioning by watching the aircraft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic