Diagnosing problem after crash

Reaction score
I've been trying to diagnose my problem after crash for 3 weeks now. I've replaced wifi cable and both antennas after a crash landed me upside down from about 12 feet causing this
84b0d657f8fe4c5754b522c056f58cf3.jpg
I have green lights on aircraft, but not on controller.
6a3cae70df049cc8a8aa0228c06ce9d3.jpg
307ea429c70c1eaedc23bc0115b862cb.jpg
99aa64f77efa94e053fcf0aff60a6031.jpg

And this is what I get in DJI Go v3.1.5
c909be36fe30d8666bb0e81962d6614d.jpg

No firmware updates have been on done on either aircraft or tx.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

@AgentCar

Maybe some more details of what you tried, re linking the remote to the phantom?

To others, if he is linked to the remote with the mobile device, should he have remote control status in the app?

I would have to check when I get home.

Rod

There's really nothing in the RC for the app to report until it links to the AC, then it reports AC status.
Well maybe RC calibration but not sure that exists on Standard.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks, I will check when I get home, if nobody else confirms it.

Rod

I tried relinking remote several times. But the bird shows that it's connected with the green LED? I want to think it's the board on the top of the gimbal that transmits the wifi signal, but that LED shows green also, like there's no issue? I'm trying to find a used, serviceable camera/gimbal assembly to try next.

Hum, Green light on both, can you start the motors, I think you could. Yes gimbal is where the WiFi signal starts. I spaced on doing a test, but I now recall remote control status was not there until I turned the Phantom on. I was in a hurry to do a Litchi test, I had no rain, and day light. ;)

Rod

I was able to start the motors and fly it with no loss in performance. But now I can't get it to even do that. I'm baffled.

I was able to start the motors and fly it with no loss in performance. But now I can't get it to even do that. I'm baffled.
Hey guy, I think I'm missing details, so since my last post you could fly it, with no problems, land it etc.
Now you have tried again and can't start the motors?

Rod

Hey guy, I think I'm missing details, so since my last post you could fly it, with no problems, land it etc.
Now you have tried again and can't start the motors?

Rod

That's correct. After the crash and swapping props I flew the aircraft without any issues, except no video feed.

After that, troubleshooting began. I have since opened the shell and all but disassembled to replace the wifi cable.
b236a2f95e6855f896945fe1d2141113.jpg

I'm a mechanic, so I naturally don't want to say that the inability to start began AFTER I reassembled the bird, but it did. [emoji850]☹️ I know that everything was reassembled properly. I checked and double checked all connections. Also, it's not that complicated on the Standard.

It points to controller and aircraft not being connected, but the flights afterwards say different. Birdside shows green, like it IS connected though. Now no control though

Let's try a firmware reinstall. It sounds it's not mechanical but a firmware file may be corrupted. Roll back to a previous version and see what happens from there

Neon Euc

Reactions: p3s_noob
@AgentCar
Phantom Green and Remote Green?

Rod

Let's try a firmware reinstall. It sounds it's not mechanical but a firmware file may be corrupted. Roll back to a previous version and see what happens from there

Neon Euc

ab18e1a5e638752b2848d2e3627f422b.jpg

I finally got around to trying any of this. This is what my SD card is showing, straight from aircraft, no updates, no downloads. Just pulled it out and plugged into computer. Point is, those numbers don't seem right? Where do I find later firmware versions? I don't even see them listed on DJIs website. Easy to find for pro/adv., not standard though.

524bdd3eaed3c4559acf7fb189db4a97.jpg
this is after trying to 3 times to make sure it went through. But it looks like it's skipping it and go to the older version? I don't know. Those numbers just don't look right.
91570459647198cd65f1b55fd9ed8501.jpg

Neon Euc
My experience with firmware update:
I just installed firmware update V01.10.0090. After installed it, I put the sim card in my Mac to check the text file. It said that it aborted because it already had that firmware on it. OK...
I took it outside to fly it around a bit. First I unlocked GEO fencing, then started it up. Granted I haven't flown in it several months and I'm a bit rusty.
When I brought it in for a landing I crashed it into a table outside, it flipped over and went crazy. It would not shut off. It went under the chair, spinning wildly, snapping off two of the props. I tried to shut it down, but it wouldn't turn off. I carefully reached for the battery (it was on its top so I could at least reach the battery without getting my hand cut off). It wouldn't shut down. **** thing was possessed! After several tries, I got it to shut the blades down but not completely power down the bird itself. The Center Sticks would not shut it down.
WTF? Has this happened to anyone else? I don't ever want to see that happen again!

[QUOTE = "AgentCar, publicación: 1117204, miembro: 84137"]
524bdd3eaed3c4559acf7fb189db4a97.jpg
Esto es después de intentar 3 veces para asegurarse de que pasó. ¿Pero parece que se está saltando e ir a la versión anterior? No lo sé. Esos números simplemente no se ven bien.
91570459647198cd65f1b55fd9ed8501.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone usando PhantomPilots
[/CITAR]
Hola. Pudo resolver el problema? A mi me pasa exactamente lo mismo. Sospecho que puede ser el firmware o quizás la placa wifi del gimbal. Espero su respuesta. Muchas gracias. Saludos cordiales.

Hola. Ese problema es causado por la placa wifi del gimbal. Hay que cambiar la placa wifi. Saludos cordiales. Soy mauriciocruzdrones.com.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl