Design flaw in the Pro3 gimbal?

Agreed! I've never seen mine that far to the side even when I turn it quickly in my hands and watch it.

Mike
Hey Mike I missed this, wanted to ask you- Do you mean that if your copter is turned off and the gimbal is hanging loose, you can't physically turn the gimbal that far to the side?
If not what's stopping it?

Because mine moves that far until it hits the side of the depression milled into the metal that looks like it's made to stop it. It seems if that groove were half-inch thinner it couldn't go that far.

The extended side-to-side motion of the gimbal may be required when the camera it is pointed downwards. In that case, the gimbal has to move side-to-side to counter the pitch and roll of the 'copter.

That makes sense jade. I didn't consider the yaw motion needed with the camera pointed straight down, it could certainly use more that way.
My copter is down with the camera gone, but I'd be curious to see how far it can swing pointed down until it sees a strut, it very well could be the outer limit needed.

A yaw adjust could still be helpful, I was hoping i was just missing it.

Thanks for the input.

Don't get all wound up. The problem here is that you are asking for DJI to change a design / implementation detail when the rest of us are saying your gimbal is broken. It is not acting in a normal fashion. Clearly, there is something in the normal functioning of the gimbal that prevents this and yours is ... broken.
Get it back to DJI and get it fixed.
Just to be clear and I'll be out of here, you don't seem interested in understanding what I'm saying.

-First I haven't asked DJI to do anything, I posted a question.

-Second the there is nothing physically broken to make the gimbal be in that position, which is the point I was trying to make.

I It appears you don't post often and you'll quickly find out how fast your questions will fall on deaf ears when disrespect is sensed.
Thanks for the advice, you're that guy. My advice back to you is you should read new people's post before being condescending to them.

What happened here is you'd didn't read my post, asked me a question I just answered, then told my I'm disrespectful and ignored my follow-up question.

That's a great way to greet a new poster sir, carry on with that welcoming spirit.

Hey Mike I missed this, wanted to ask you- Do you mean that if your copter is turned off and the gimbal is hanging loose, you can't physically turn the gimbal that far to the side?
If not what's stopping it?

Because mine moves that far until it hits the side of the depression milled into the metal that looks like it's made to stop it. It seems if that groove were half-inch thinner it couldn't go that far.

No, sorry. I wasn't clear enough on that. I didn't mean that the gimbal won't physically move that far if you move the camera by hand with the P3 off: it will. What I meant was, if I turn mine on and the gimbal is pointing forward, when I pick it up and rotate (yaw) the P3 itself by twisting my hand quickly, it only moves a little bit: not far enough to see the legs. Even when playing around flying and going full yaw back and forth, I've never seen it turn far enough to see the legs in the video. Now in all honesty, I don't know if that's a setting... but I've not modified any gimbal settings so I'd assume mine is set to whatever the defaults are.

Mike

Thanks Mikey, I see what you mean, I was just checking if you meant when it was off and maybe there was a piece broken or missing on mine.
Thread got sidetracked, it's essentially a question if the gimbal needs to be able to physically move that far.

When I get my camera back I'll check on the angle jade was talking about and that might answer my question too, design is an interest of mine is all.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl