Derek from Los Angeles - Ask Me Anything

Reaction score
I fly a P4 and mostly wanting to go out and fly with others in LA. If you are in the area let me know (I fly early mornings on the weekends at the van nuys drone park). Love talking about the drone industry too (pick my brain and I'll pick yours). Before Up Sonder, I was an investment banker for the South Korean government for many years. I'm originally from San Antonio Texas. I grew up on my family's ranch doing typical ranch work like fixing fences, feeding cattle, bailing hay and getting into trouble. I travel a lot for fun getting great drone footage. My favorite thus far is from the Cliffs of Moore in Ireland. Cool fact that I'm proud of is that I've never crashed a drone. When I'm not flying I'm underwater scuba diving with my wife. We have a beautiful daughter that's not yet two and I already can't wait to get her flying her own drone. There is more, but I'll stop there. Ask me anything

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .

Reactions: BigAl07
I fly a P4 and mostly wanting to go out and fly with others in LA. If you are in the area let me know (I fly early mornings on the weekends at the van nuys drone park). Love talking about the drone industry too (pick my brain and I'll pick yours). Before Up Sonder, I was an investment banker for the South Korean government for many years. I'm originally from San Antonio Texas. I grew up on my family's ranch doing typical ranch work like fixing fences, feeding cattle, bailing hay and getting into trouble. I travel a lot for fun getting great drone footage. My favorite thus far is from the Cliffs of Moore in Ireland. Cool fact that I'm proud of is that I've never crashed a drone. When I'm not flying I'm underwater scuba diving with my wife. We have a beautiful daughter that's not yet two and I already can't wait to get her flying her own drone. There is more, but I'll stop there. Ask me anything
HI Yip welcome,,,I been trying to teach me mate...he's a watchable..:)

Reactions: Up Sonder
Question,,done p4 update last week,,(4.0.6)..today done new update alert now (4.0.7)android...haven't flown yet ,,wet and windy,,does you know why update so close and what's new......last update gave me sound option which still trying to figure out..

Yup...
image1.PNG

You should try the find my drone feature right now. My drone is off and in the case, but yet the map was able to show with amazing accuracy where my drone was. Pretty neat
Yip that is pretty cool,,dinner time so I be playing soon:)

Good day to all. Glad to be included in this forum. I have a Phantom 4, using mainly Litchi to operate. Yesterday I flew a route around a construction site, and during the session the "GPS" message turned to "WP", after which my drone kind of went off course. It also returned home to a different place from where it took off. I am quite new to all this, can any body help me with this problem please?

Welcome to the forum :)

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Good day to all. Glad to be included in this forum. I have a Phantom 4, using mainly Litchi to operate. Yesterday I flew a route around a construction site, and during the session the "GPS" message turned to "WP", after which my drone kind of went off course. It also returned home to a different place from where it took off. I am quite new to all this, can any body help me with this problem please?

Did you calibrate your drone before take off to update the home point? (the Go app would have had you turn the drone sideways and spin it 360 degrees) Also, it may have been a software glitch with litchi.

HI always make sure you got GPS before takeoff..read and read and read online manual that comes with p4,,,,knowledge is the key to help keep these birds flying safe and fun,,you can never read to much info....take care,,,enjoy....:):)

I am located nowhere near you, I am.actually.in Surrey, BC, Canada. Still the West Coast but anyways. I need a P4 but don't have the cash to buy one. I seen you have listed a rentals tab. Do you know where I can rent one near my location or buy a used one for an affordable price, used or new. ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20