Deleting recorded video from the SD card

Reaction score
I've removed previously recorded video from my SD card by simply reformatting. I'm not certain this is necessarily the correct way, or if there may be another method which has been mentioned in the manual, as I couldn't locate any such info.
Can anyone verify if reformatting the card is in fact the only means of removing such info. or is there another way?
POI, I presently don't transfer photo's/videos to my device( tablet) because of not having service, but merely use it as a monitor and record to the SD card.

Thanks in advance,

You can use the app to format the card, I just delete the files after I have copied them to the computer.

4wd said:
You can simply delete them while connected to a computer, but this can leave hidden parts of files behind.
It's best to format the card using the app at least after every few cycles, and does no harm done every time (if you remember!)

"If you remember!"......lmao! I can't seem to remember to just turn the video record off before turning the Phantom battery off! There is sooo much to remember to do and not to do! Even with a checklist I forget.....I need a checklist to remember to read the checklist! Lol

Skynet1 said:
I've removed previously recorded video from my SD card by simply reformatting. I'm not certain this is necessarily the correct way, or if there may be another method which has been mentioned in the manual, as I couldn't locate any such info.
Can anyone verify if reformatting the card is in fact the only means of removing such info. or is there another way?
POI, I presently don't transfer photo's/videos to my device( tablet) because of not having service, but merely use it as a monitor and record to the SD card.

Thanks in advance,

Thanks again, to all who have responded. Ok then, "So let it be written, so let it be done" lol.
Yes, A check list to remember the things that need to be remembered. That's what I need as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.