Delay using LG G Pad 7 LTE

Reaction score
I am getting around a 15-20 second delay using a LG G pad 7 LTE. Is there any way to decrease this delay without buying a new device?

That's unusual. Is there a bunch of junk installed on the tablet? Is there a bunch of junk running in the background on it? It's usually best to have a fresh clean tablet (factory reset it) and then delete any junk off of it not need or related to the function of your Phantom. My tablet gets used for my phantom and nothing else. For all my games, Facebook and other garbage, I have a 10" Acer tab.

That's unusual. Is there a bunch of junk installed on the tablet? Is there a bunch of junk running in the background on it? It's usually best to have a fresh clean tablet (factory reset it) and then delete any junk off of it not need or related to the function of your Phantom. My tablet gets used for my phantom and nothing else. For all my games, Facebook and other garbage, I have a 10" Acer tab.
There want anything else open. I have only Facebook. DJI GO, messenger and uav forecast, and a few other apps installed. Would a live wallpaper be causing it possibly?

Sent from my LG-V410 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Live wallpaper is evil on any device (It's a cpu/gpu hog).

Also, just because something isn't open doesn't mean it's not sitting there in the background hogging up resources too. Even if it's just temporary, just to test.
I would delete Facebook and whatever else you can. This is why I refuse to install FB messenger on any of my devices. it's the most disruptive app I've ever seen.

Reactions: ravedog
Live wallpaper is evil on any device (It's a cpu/gpu hog)..
The LG G pad 7 LTE is not a fast device, it's using an older (slower) Snapdragon 400 chipset. Which means slower CPU and a slower GPU for handling the video. As Matss175, Live wallpapers can drag down your machine. Facebook and it's Messenger app can also drag your system down.

I would until Facebook and Messenger, and get rid of the live wallpaper. See if you still have the lag. If the lag goes away and you really want Facebook, don't let it run in the background. Install Disa instead of Messenger. Or get a faster tablet.

What Go app are you using ? Latest Go 3.1.2 is the absolute pits for video breakup and lag ...

I have had it lock up and not follow AC ... I have had it lag so bad - I landed out and rebooted everything ....

Watch this - this the BEST I can get and I have a Nexus tablet - reckoned to be one of the best for the P3S ....

But I do agree with others - get rid of Wallpaper and any other systems hogging apps ... second swipe down right top and into settings ... apps .... disable / stop all the ones you dont need right then.

Nigel

I looked up the specs for that and it only has 1gb of ram which really isn't enough to run multiple things at once. I could be wrong but I think you need 2 or more to even run the dji go app. I might be mixing it up with litchi also but 1gb of ram just isn't enough now a days to run a whole lot. Most devices come with 2 or more now and I had the nexus 7 2013 with 2gb of ram and it didn't lag at all. I do agree with what others where saying about the live wallpaper,Facebook ,and messenger and with 1gb of ram there really isn't a way to keep all that and fly with it. You might want to get another tablet for flying with more ram. There are plenty of cheap ones that people use and work great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T807A using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would until Facebook and Messenger, and get rid of the live wallpaper.
I'll try that and see how it goes. If it still does lag, I may just switch back to my 5s.
I looked up the specs for that and it only has 1gb of ram which really isn't enough to run multiple things at once. I could be wrong but I think you need 2 or more to even run the dji go app.
My 5s has the same amount of ram, and has no lag. However, that may be due to the smaller screen size resulting in less pixels needing to be pushed.
You might want to get another tablet for flying with more ram. There are plenty of cheap ones that people use and work great.
I'm looking into getting a Nvidia K1 to use solely for DJI Go.

All things considered equal, an app running on iOS will feel faster than the same app running on Android. The 5S Screen resolution is 1136x640 and the G Pad is 1280x800, not a huge difference. But iOS is tuned for Apple's hardware and places strict limits to what can run in the background. As opposed to Android, which lets anything run in the background. The 5S has a more powerful GPU than the G Pad.

Dedicating a NVidia K1 to DJI Go is probably your best option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga