Degress of Upgrade - P3P/P3A Transmitter Upgrade

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I'm researching the potential for "Transmitter Upgrades" for my P3P. A lot of what I do is in areas not very "open" and I am confident that this greatly affects my signal strength which of course cuts down on distance of control and video signal. For the record I do a lot of work in the woods (SAR) and often in very mountainous terrain and we are looking to either buy a new Tx to modify or modify the existing one to some degree. I realize there is no "Silver Bullet" and terrain is always going to be a factor in signal strength but I'm confident there are via options ranging from not too expensive up to a complete Tx overhaul.

What I'm trying to understand (and not doing very well LOL) is the different degree/level of Tx modifications and how much they really increase the signal. I have a pair of "Parabolic" reflectors and yes they do seem to help some small degree (get what you pay for?) but I have to think there are some other beginner level upgrades available as well. In general what would the next "level" of Tx/Antennae upgrade be and so on after that?

• a) Parabolic Reflectors to slip on the both Antennae - <$50 minimal signal increase
  • b)
  • c)
  • d)
  • e)
  • f)
  • g)
  • h)
  • i) Send Tx to NASA and have space grade equipment squeezed into the case and attach Tx to an Antennae Trailer with 1,000 mile range LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers