Definitions - Newbies Could Use Them

Reaction score
Whether I'm a newbie or not I don't know. I've been flying the P2 for over a year. That short length of time seems like an eternity when it comes to sUAV technology. There is already what...4 iterations since I got the P2? I'll be going forward with a P3 or up to an I1 one of these days.

Right now I feel like a newbie as I find it hard to understand a lot of the lingo in most of the threads on the forum. Non-newbies like to post abbreviations which leave some of us in the dark as to what they are referring to. Abbreviations like: IOC, VPS, FW, PMU, RTFM leave newbies out of the equation. Yes, I know what some of those mean, but not always.

Am I missing a resource somewhere on this forum that has a list of definitions applicable to our technology? If so, point me in the right direction, please. If not, a sticky thread or whatever would be helpful that takes the mystery out of enjoying a lot of the contribution from all of the members.

In all this verbage, just asking for a list of definitions.

Reaction score
Reactions: Milly
Reaction score
Nope, not a sticky. It's almost a year old too so it won't have any of the New ones for the P3 like VPS. Sticky might not be a bad idea. I know they are working on some stuff.

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Yes sir. The folks behind the curtain have been working on a few things for weeks. Hopefully it will be ready for prime time very soon. It will help all members and especially people who are new to the hobby. Stay tuned. ;)

Reaction score
Yes sir. The folks behind the curtain have been working on a few things for weeks. Hopefully it will be ready for prime time very soon. It will help all members and especially people who are new to the hobby. Stay tuned. ;)
Thanks for the update.

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
A lot of these abbreviations are in the Phantom manual. Well, RTFM isn't :)

Reaction score
A lot of these abbreviations are in the Phantom manual. Well, RTFM isn't :)
Yes, I do know some of them. I'm not a complete newbie.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkcnkc