Default Camera Settings P3A

M

Melvoid

Hi all,

I've been messing with the dial on my remote which changes the exposure on my 3 Advanced, but I haven't been paying much attention. Last time I went out, the videos were darker than usual, and my iPad isn't a good indicator of what they'll look like on my computer later. Does anyone know:

1) if there's a way to get back to the default, or;
2) what the default camera settings are?

Thanks

Hi all,

I've been messing with the dial on my remote which changes the exposure on my 3 Advanced, but I haven't been paying much attention. Last time I went out, the videos were darker than usual, and my iPad isn't a good indicator of what they'll look like on my computer later. Does anyone know:

1) if there's a way to get back to the default, or;
2) what the default camera settings are?

Thanks

Try some of the tips in this article. In the interim, just throw it into AUTO.

8 Tips for Better Drone Photography -

Excellent. Thanks!!
I suppose I could use my "regular" camera to determine the settings, too. I should've left it as it was cuz I didn't have any issues until I started messing with it. I found that setting that shows "overexposed" areas with black and white stripes. If I set it low enough to get rid of said stripes, it's too dark. That's what I get for playing with the settings, I guess.

I've been messing with the dial on my remote which changes the exposure on my 3 Advanced, but I haven't been paying much attention. Last time I went out, the videos were darker than usual
If things are consistently dark (underexposed) you should check to see that you haven't set the exposure compensation to underexpose.
Look up in the middle of the line of camera data to see the blue number
i-kGtmQ4G-M.png

If it says something like EV-1.0 or EV-2.0, your camera is set to under expose everything.
Dial it back to EV0
Does anyone know:
1) if there's a way to get back to the default,
Yes ... you can reset the camera settings
The option you want is here (in an older version of the app)
i-XSVfMPD-M.png

I found that setting that shows "overexposed" areas with black and white stripes. If I set it low enough to get rid of said stripes, it's too dark.
If you have the zebra stripes in bright areas, that's because the Overexposure Warning is turned on.

If things are consistently dark (underexposed) you should check to see that you haven't set the exposure compensation to underexpose.
Look up in the middle of the line of camera data to see the blue number
i-kGtmQ4G-M.png

If it says something like EV-1.0 or EV-2.0, your camera is set to under expose everything.
Dial it back to EV0

Yes ... you can reset the camera settings
The option you want is here (in an older version of the app)
i-XSVfMPD-M.png

If you have the zebra stripes in bright areas, that's because the Overexposure Warning is turned on.
Good stuff here. Thanks. As for the zebra stripes, I know what they're for, it just was a case where dialing it down to get rid of all of them is what made everything a bit too dark. Seems a "normal" setting would allow some of the stripes to be there. By going back to factory defaults, I can either forget about the stripes (which was fine before I'd discovered that setting) or at least know what is an acceptable level.

These are all good answers. Thanks to all. Going out today to get an old farm house. It was totally concealed in overgrowth (passed it daily for years and never knew there was a house in there) and someone recently cut it all down, exposing a great old house. Gotta get some shots before the pull the house down, too.

thanks again

I took everyone's advice and got it all back to "normal." Went out both days this weekend and all the shots look great. Haven't looked at the RAW ones yet, but I do RAW/JPG and the JPGs looked fine.

thanks again for the quick replies, as usual.

Attachments

• Tweaking_P3Ab.jpg
    Tweaking_P3Ab.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 269

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel