Decending to fast

Reaction score
I have a question, I will be buying my phantom in March, how fast can you descend, I'm only asking because I have seen people stop the motors after they land by holding down the left stick for 3 seconds, what would happen if you hold down the left stick for 3 or 4 seconds at 1000 feet?

I think the bird descends at about 40mph then stops and hovers about 1.75ft above ground before turning into a diamond and then disappearing.

Never tried it but I read somewhere that it would just descend to the ground. A CSC would shut it off in flight (I think)

I have a question, I will be buying my phantom in March, how fast can you descend, I'm only asking because I have seen people stop the motors after they land by holding down the left stick for 3 seconds, what would happen if you hold down the left stick for 3 or 4 seconds at 1000 feet?
2 M/S is the max descent rate. Nothing happens when holding the throttle down for three seconds, as long as the P3 can descend. The barometer has to not register a descent to kill the motors.

SD

Reactions: Jcoreyemt
Thanks for the info
Not a lot of real info there.
The Phantom 3 will descend at 3 metres/second.
The DJI design engineers were smart enough to allow it to descend without shutting the motors down in flight.
When you get yours, you'll find they were very clever and have a lot of amazing tech.
You can find out a lot about it at: Phantom 3 Professional | DJI
Download the manual and do your study before you get the drone.

Reactions: chapsrlz

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl