DEATH of a phantom

Where is the death? Don't tease me like that.

Reactions: danchez
Brian look, as much time as you spent investigating the area this was shot in, you could of spent that time on the FAA web site researching the regs. If you had done this FIRST before posting, you would have saved time and greef.

ATC can deny flight if they feel it will endanger the airspace, but your not asking for permission or for an OK. Your simply notifying them. They can not prohibit you from flying as per FAA regs.

Please read through this before you post more false information.
Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Frequently Asked Questions

This is not a “smug” response,... this is me helping you.

Too many haters on this forum. Why can't folks just comment on the video and leave it alone? Nice video, by the way

Reactions: Mccuja
Where is the death? Don't tease me like that.
You totally missed it... It's the death of the forum, this endless crap where we're going to have to post effing thirteen page long disclaimers before every still and every video that include a comprehensive list of the pilot's region, intent, licensing, qualifications, written and signed forms from everyone within 25 miles, aircraft specifications, eyesight scores, MOCA test results, shoe size, vaccination history, blah blah blah blah blah.

It's getting really, really tiresome.

You totally missed it... It's the death of the forum, this endless crap where we're going to have to post effing thirteen page long disclaimers before every still and every video that include a comprehensive list of the pilot's region, intent, licensing, qualifications, written and signed forms from everyone within 25 miles, aircraft specifications, eyesight scores, MOCA test results, shoe size, vaccination history, blah blah blah blah blah.

It's getting really, really tiresome.

Well said. Couldn’t agree more.

Reactions: tcinbg
If they were doing some kind of "emergency" wouldn't there be a tfr issued?

Quite possibly, and you'd probably find that out when you contacted the airports and ATC. Most hobbyists are not checking TFR's before flying so they might only hear about when contacting the airports. So, presuming that's the case when you contact the airport and they tell you about the TFR that leaves you the decision -- did my contacting them satisfy my obligation and I can still fly or would being advised of the TFR cause you to change plans.

Brian

You two have way too much experience and knowledge for me but as an amateur and a hobbyist. I would call and notify them and if there is something going on that I felt I couldn't fly my quad safely, I wouldn't. Simple as that. That should be common sense for anyone.

You two have way too much experience and knowledge for me but as an amateur and a hobbyist. I would call and notify them and if there is something going on that I felt I couldn't fly my quad safely, I wouldn't. Simple as that. That should be common sense for anyone.

Thank you James, common sense may not be all that common, but when the rules have wiggle room common sense us all we have.

Brian

I think theyre both having an entirely over examined and unecessary debate. ATC could give two ***** about a VFR drone at 100'. Just exercise common sense and no issues EVER.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez