DBS Mods install problem

Reaction score
I just installed the DBS mods in my p3p. Some difficulty with the ribbon connection but I got it. When I got everything connected and powered up the bird would not connect to go or litchi. The light on remote is green and I'm able to tilt the gimble up and down. I tried to re link the rc but that didn't fix it. I am also able to start the motors as well. Just can't connect to go or litchi. Both apps show disconnected. Tried reboots as well.. no good. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G930P using PhantomPilots mobile app

that sounds like the usb connection isn't working? Did you remove the USB or HDMI module when you installed the antenna wires? If so, I would recheck all those ribbons are securely in place.

Also if you have DJI Go app on the tablet, ensure it's totally off before starting Litchi. Both apps can't run simultaneously on the same USB port.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yeah the USB makes sense. I got the ribbon in up to the white line. I hope I didn't damage the ribbon cable. If by chance I did damage that ribbon, is it available anywhere for purchase?

Sent from my SM-G930P using PhantomPilots mobile app

Are you referring to the camera's flat ribbon cable? If so, that must be a oem part, otherwise you will have constant issues.

Go back in and check all connections/ribbons. Re-seat the com ribbon. I looked and I don't see a com ribbon for sale. Just for the sake of it, delete DATA and CACHE on device of both apps. Can't hurt to try that. Reboot device and Re-link. Calibrate controller.

The HDMI module does not come with the con board ribbon.

I had bought a HDMI module, but returned it. I use Nvidia shield and it needed me to unplug/replug HDMI cable every time. I did not care for that and just use the USB link. I hope your new module gets delivered to you quickly and you get back in the air. Hopefully no "CNN moments" happen while you wait for it. If it's the press down clip that holds the ribbon to the board that is damaged, how about using good quality black electrical tape to hold the ribbon to board? Tape over the flat plastic panel to hold down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers