What do you mean about them touching each other? I'm confused lol. So it wouldn't be 3 long cables that would go from the internal to the DBS mod??

You need to watch the install video . There are 3 that go inside the TX.
There are 3 that connect to those and those to panel .
That connection is what I'm talking about .
It might not hurt nothing if they touch but I wouldn't let them if I was doing it that way .

I completed the mod last night. With just enough daylight to take it out and let it rip. I love it!!!! I wasn't in a great location for distance flight. However it more than doubled my previous record from that very spot. Fpv was so smooth. This is a great buy!!! The install went super smooth. For a phantom 3 standard. I'm super impressed!!! I have a hard shell dji backpack. It fits right in if I take my antenna and wires off! Thank you everyone for the help!! For me this is a must buy mod for and phantom 3 standard

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

still testing my DBS . Had it out about 4 times so far. got 5,400 ft today before losing tx signal but had good video feed. The weather was real cloudy. I know I can go alot farther.

I have to say that I'm littebit disappointed about the argtek WiFi range booster I've had tried it couples of times whit no luck I have checkt the cables and everything looks fine, but the range is not what i thought it could give me, whit my P3 standard it get maximum 1100m, and I have also change locations couple of time's but no good at all.the only thing I got was higher altitude is that normal?

I have to say that I'm littebit disappointed about the argtek WiFi range booster I've had tried it couples of times whit no luck I have checkt the cables and everything looks fine, but the range is not what i thought it could give me, whit my P3 standard it get maximum 1100m, and I have also change locations couple of time's but no good at all.the only thing I got was higher altitude is that normal?
Not sure about the Argtek. I saw it and choose to go with the dbs instead. I've seen a lot of reviews with people saying that the Argtek only gave them 200-300 feet more in additional range. As far as my dbs, it had at least doubled the range everywhere I fly. Super happy with the purchase

I made it out over 15,000 feet yesterday with my dbs. Was only able to get out 4,000 feet with the stock antenna.

were you over water?
No however it was the best place I've found yet for distance. It is on top of a wide open hill with nothing but fields in all directions. Keep in mind I do not have the Argtek. I have a dbs

Where can I find those better wires for the dbs mod pictured above? Do they actually help in any way or are they more for flash?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Are you referring to the ufl cable or the RP-SMA cable? I think the ufl cables are probably best, but I've also heard of people swapping out the RP-SMA cable for this: rp sma cable blue -rg316 | eBay

Apparently, from what I've seen posted, the blue cable is superior for some reason. I like it because you can bend it to stay in position. Also, in this case, you can order the exact length you need (the shorter the cable, the better the signal).

Are you referring to the ufl cable or the RP-SMA cable? I think the ufl cables are probably best, but I've also heard of people swapping out the RP-SMA cable for this: rp sma cable blue -rg316 | eBay

Apparently, from what I've seen posted, the blue cable is superior for some reason. I like it because you can bend it to stay in position. Also, in this case, you can order the exact length you need (the shorter the cable, the better the signal).

Yes! Thank you for the reply, I think I'm looking at the sma blue cables for the antenna to the controller, what size do I need? Is there a performance gain to these?

A better signal = performance gain. So yes.

I don't know what length you need since I have only a P2V. You could measure once the antenna gets to you. Or dirk would know.

Sweet, I already have the dbs mod installed, I just wanted to make sure it's performing at peak performance

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.