DBS/Itelite questions

• Thread starter Deleted member 27337
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27337

Hey guys I need your help :(

I installed a DBS/Itelite antenna on my GL300B P3 controller that is linked to my P4. This weekend I did a few test flights and was losing video signal around 3300ft out. Now i'm bummed because those numbers suck! I was not in a perfectly open/flat field, but it was over farm land.

While I was doing the antenna install, when I plugged the battery back in to the controller the lights came on, so I freaked out and powered the controller on then off quickly because the antennas were not attached and I didn't want to fry my controller.

How can I tell if I fried my transmitter? Would it be significantly less range or would it not work at all? I've been stressing out over this and I want to put my mind at ease :)

i would say you did not fry the controller it would have to have been left on a long time to fry it.i have turned my controller on as well with out the antennas hooked up i have the itelite too.i still get good range 6.5 miles one way.i am using the GL300A and it is boosted i also fly on the outskirts of city to have this kind of range.with in the city i have done 5km.

Last edited:
I honestly believe it all depends on where your at and what's around you, both what you can see and not. I flew in my neighborhood with and without the mod done to the remote and I got about 400 ft farther then without mod. So I decided to quickly go up to 540 ft and see what I could do and flew another 1300 ft farther. And I'm in total residential/trees/highways/etc. So these guys going big distances when you look at the map it's all like farm land/flat land. Is what it is I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I honestly believe it all depends on where your at and what's around you, both what you can see and not. I flew in my neighborhood with and without the mod done to the remote and I got about 400 ft farther then without mod. So I decided to quickly go up to 540 ft and see what I could do and flew another 1300 ft farther. And I'm in total residential/trees/highways/etc. So these guys going big distances when you look at the map it's all like farm land/flat land. Is what it is I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I agree. I feel like if the area you're flying in is not "ideal conditions" you will not get the advertised ranges posted by other members.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl