dbs Instillation questions

Reaction score
Hey yall, received the DBS today :) yay...

watched like a million instillation videos, but all of them are either a little too fast or a little too far away to see clearly. So fo those who have installed the ITELITE DBS, please

1. what tool did you use to remove the dji sma antenna plug? Not to cut it, but to lift it off, some videos stress how important it is to lift up straight and ocd gets me overthinking this.

2. What size drill bit is the correct size in mm please for the sma screw fittings? And what drill bit is best hss or wood?

3. it looks like most people use hot glue gun to stich the antenna wires in place.

(A). is this safe?
(B) Can you hot glue gun over the actual metal antenna plug? Or just the wires?

Sorry for possible daft questions, im just very particular when I do jobs

Darren

1. Small screwdriver. yes straight up but your not going to break anything if it angels a little.

2. 1/4 HSS

3. Hot glue is fine. I used it. I did both. wires and plug.

Reactions: Dazzauk
1. Small screwdriver. yes straight up but your not going to break anything if it angels a little.

2. 1/4 HSS

3. Hot glue is fine. I used it. I did both. wires and plug.

Thank you :)

are you pleased with the mod?

The hardest part your going to have is cutting away the silicone glue they put around the connections.

Reactions: BryanBTX
I put the connections on the top of the RC because that's where almost everything in connect inside and if you need to take apart the RC in the future theses cables stay with the top.

866387b2aebc176bd803b786abcf64c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I put the connections on the top of the RC because that's where almost everything in connect inside and if you need to take apart the RC in the future theses cables stay with the top.

866387b2aebc176bd803b786abcf64c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Looks like a good plan, I had planned to do something similar only spaced wider.

Hey yall, received the DBS today :) yay...

watched like a million instillation videos, but all of them are either a little too fast or a little too far away to see clearly. So fo those who have installed the ITELITE DBS, please

1. what tool did you use to remove the dji sma antenna plug? Not to cut it, but to lift it off, some videos stress how important it is to lift up straight and ocd gets me overthinking this.

2. What size drill bit is the correct size in mm please for the sma screw fittings? And what drill bit is best hss or wood?

3. it looks like most people use hot glue gun to stich the antenna wires in place.

(A). is this safe?
(B) Can you hot glue gun over the actual metal antenna plug? Or just the wires?

Sorry for possible daft questions, im just very particular when I do jobs

Darren

1. After cutting as much of the silicone away as practical with an exacto knife, small needle nosed pliers. Lifted it straight up.

2. 1/4" (use Google to convert) I used a steel one, because that's what I had. A wood one would be fine too. It's only plastic. Whichever you choose, just make sure it's fairly new and good and sharp.

3. (A) Completely safe.
(B) Both is fine.

Questions are good. That's what forums are for. If we all knew everything there was to know about Phantoms, this forum wouldn't even exist.

1. After cutting as much of the silicone away as practical with an exacto knife, small needle nosed pliers. Lifted it straight up.

2. 1/4" (use Google to convert) I used a steel one, because that's what I had. A wood one would be fine too. It's only plastic. Whichever you choose, just make sure it's fairly new and good and sharp.

3. (A) Completely safe.
(B) Both is fine.

Questions are good. That's what forums are for. If we all knew everything there was to know about Phantoms, this forum wouldn't even exist.

Thanks Matt :)

Reactions: Matts175

3. (A) Completely safe.
(B) Both is fine.

Matt has some good Mod's. Keep an eye out for his stuff.

Reactions: Matts175
Ohh yeah, I almost forgot.

TIP: Use a 1/8" (again, use Google to convert) drill bit first. It just makes it easier because you now have a small pilot hole to guide the bigger drill bit and hold it true.

Ohh yeah, I almost forgot.

TIP: Use a 1/8" (again, use Google to convert) drill bit first. It just makes it easier because you now have a small pilot hole to guide the bigger drill bit and hold it true.

Good tip :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing